• Chapter 19 •

Seokjin is now walking on a shopping mall, holding Taehyung's hand. They went to buy new clothes, and also to spend some time together.

   They're just enjoying their time together, but that same déjà vu feeling makes the older stop and look around him.

   "Oh, no. Again?" he complains "We were at the clinic just a moment ago."

   "Well, I'm actually glad we're not there anymore" the orange-haired says, still holding his hand "Those robots scared me so much."

   Jin lets go of Tae's hand, and walks around, touching his hair nervously with both hands.

   "This really can't be stopped?" he stops walking, hands on his waist, and then he looks up and shouts "CAN YOU HEAR ME? PLEASE STOP! JUNGKOOK, NAMJOON, JISOO, ANYONE, I NEED SOMEONE TO STOP THE PROCEDURE!"

   Taehyung shrugs, and goes to stand next to his boyfriend, looking up too.

   "STOP ERASING ME FROM JINNIE'S MEMORY! PRETTY PLEASE!" the younger shouts to the ceiling, helping him.

   "I don't think they can hear us" Jin sighs "There must be a way to communicate with them."

   They think silently for a moment. Jin doesn't stop looking around him, waiting for the darkness to come soon.

   "What if you open your eyes?" the younger suggests.

   "They're open, Tae. Don't you see?"

   "No, pabo" he complains "I mean your physical eyes."

   "Oh..." the brown-haired understands, and thinks for a moment "You mean trying to wake me up?"

   "Yep. We can try that out, can't we?"

   "We do, but... How do I do that? How does someone wake themself up?"

   "Mmm... Well, now your body might be lying down. Maybe if you lie here on the ground."

   Seokjin nods, and proceeds to lie on his back, in the middle of the shopping mall. Taehyung sits criss-crossed next to him.

   "Close your eyes, and open them when I tell you to" Tae says.

   The older obeys. He keeps his eyes closed, waiting to hear his boyfriend's command.

   "Open your eyes, now!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Seokjin opens his eyes, he can barely see the ceiling of his bedroom. He can feel something hard around his head. Also, he can hear some distant voices coming from somewhere.

   He can not believe this really worked out. He's awake! Now he just needs to talk to someone near his bed, and let them know they have to stop the procedure.

   He tries to sit up, but he can't. It's like he's having one of those famous sleep paralysis, he is really unable to talk or move a single inch of his body.

   A blond man pops up in his limited field of vision. It seems like it's Jimin, but he's not sure.

   "He opened his eyes! Look" he recognizes his voice, and is now 100% sure he's Jimin.

   "Really?" he recognizes Jungkook's voice, and a second later he sees him popping up in his field of vision. Behind him he sees Namjoon. It feels kinda odd, because in the memory about the clinic, both of them had a blurry face. It almost feels like seeing them for the first time.

   He looks at them without blinking, opening his eyes very wide, trying to tell them to stop. But it seems like they're not getting the message.

   "Is this normal, Namjoon-nim? Did it ever happen to you?" Jimin asks.

   "Yes, but just a few times" he answers, taking a little box out of his pocket, containing a vial and a disposable syringe "Don't worry, I'll fix this real quick."

   Seokjin wanna scream them to stop, but his body still doesn't work. He looks at the doctor filling up the syringe. He feels so powerless and frustrated than his eyes get teary.

   They're here, literally within fingertip reach, but he can't talk, he can't move, he's just unable to let them know he changed his mind about this.

   He feels the sting on his skin. And then everything starts getting blurry.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jin is still lying on his back, in the middle of the shopping mall, but now he's sobbing hard.

   "Jinnie, why you crying? What happened?" Tae is still next to him. Jin's tears don't stop, so he kneels up and wraps his arms around him, making him sit up.

   "I was so close, Tae" he sobs, clinging tightly onto his boyfriend "I woke up, I saw them in my room, I saw Namjoon, and Jungkook, and Jimin... B-but I was unable to move or talk, so I couldn't let them know... And... And then they p-put me to sleep again."

   His body is trembling, and there are some hiccups for the hard sobbing.

   "This is hopeless. It's utterly hopeless!" Jin is clinging harder than ever to Taehyung's body "They'll erase you, I'll forget you forever... Don't wanna forget you baby, you're the love of my life, don't wanna, don't... I d-don't wanna... P-please."

   Taehyung has a lump on his throat. Seeing his beautiful Jinnie crying like that is shattering his heart in little pieces. He tries his best and collects himself.

   The stores in the mall start dissapearing, but they don't know. They're still sitting on the floor, in the middle of the place.

   "Don't cry, Jinnie... Look at me."

   Tae pushes his shoulders to see his face. Jin has a broken expression on his face, and looks down, so the orange-haired has to push his chin up. His eyes are red and puffy.

   "Listen carefully. Now they'll erase all the memories of me. I erased by mistake all the memories of you too... But it doesn't matter, because what you and I have is too immense."

   Seokjin won't stop crying. The younger feels an ache in his chest, he'll not be able to hold that lump much longer. He swallows hard, and wipes Seokjin's tears with his hands, and then caressess his cheeks with his thumbs.

   "Please don't cry, hyung... We will meet each other again. We live in the same city, relatively close to each other. Yoongi and Hoseok's families always call me to take photos for them at parties and stuff, plus I work for KT every now and then... Jinnie, we will meet each other again, maybe one day when I go to deliver a song, maybe one day just by casuality, I don't know but we will meet each other again. We will fall in love again with each other, we will have dates, become boyfriends, and love each other so, so much again" by now, the younger can barely hold back his own tears "I promise, this will happen, baby. Let's trust destiny, and let's trust this beautiful, powerful love we have."

   He gets closer to him, and rubs the tip of his nose with Jin's. He isn't crying anymore, and is only trembling for the remaining sobs.

   The older pulls back again. This time, he tries to smile to Tae, and nods a couple times. He trust the man's words.

   Then he realizes the memory is just about to be erased, so he wraps his arms around Taehyung one more time, and a second later everything dissapears again.

***********