• Chapter 09 •

Seokjin sits on the couch, at his best friends' apartment. They leave their breakfast aside, and stand in front of him.

   “I'm gonna do the procedure” he says.

   “You're gonna WHAT?” Yoongi answers, a comic confused expression on his face.

   “I thought about it all night long... I'mma go to that clinic. I'mma erase Taehyung off my memory.”

   Then he covers his face with his hands, and growls furiously.

   “Ugh... Guys, here you were supposed to convince me not to do it” he uncovers his face and looks up at them, feeling tears in his eyes “I was so angry, wasn't thinking clearly. You should've reminded me about the beautiful moments I spent with Tae, to make me change my mind.”

   “Why ya blaming us, hyung? You're an adult, you can make your own decisions” Hoseok says.

   “And I can make mistakes too!” He runs a hand through his hair, and watches with sadness how everything around him slowly fades away again. “Damn, I'm a big idiot.”

   Before everything disappears, he notices Yoongi putting an arm around Hoseok's waist, and placing a little peck on his shoulder. Then he rests his cheek there, and looks at Jin.

   “Hyung, remember we're not the real Yoongi and Hoseok. Now you see us so clingy because you suspect that we are a secret couple” he explains, while the younger smiles, and rests his cheek on his head “You are in your own mind, everything is possible here.”

   That's the last thing he listens, before everything is black one more time.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “Well, well, now who's the one texting non-stop?” Jisoo complains, ordering the mapping papers, while Jungkook is sitting at the end of Jin's bed, sending texts. It's still raining outside, although it's not so intense now.

   “Yah, noona, I'm just texting Jimin-hyung to tell him we're all settled up here, so he can come over... I told him to bring some beers.”

   “Great, but don't be the whole time kissing the life out of each other, because I'll open the window and wait for a thunder to save me” the girl says.

   “No promises” Jungkook answers, smirking “Hey, why don't you bring your little boyfriend here? So you can be with him while I'm with Jiminnie.”

   “No! He must not be here while we're doing a procedure. He can't know a thing about my work, nor meet any of you guys, because I'm afraid he'd start remembering about... Look, I met him when--”

   “Wait” Jungkook interrupts, because he received a WhatsApp text from Jimin “Hyung says he'll be on his way as soon as the rain stops, and that he packed two bottles of beer and a bottle of soju.”

   They stop talking then, because they have to control an over-voltage in the machine.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Jin walks through the black, iron door Hoseok described him. Inside it's the clinic, the walls in pastel tones, in the waiting room an old woman is sad, holding in her hands the belongings of a dog named 'Cinnamon'. Yes, he remembers all of that.

   “Are you Kim Seokjin?” Jimin asks, holding the yellow card “I'm sorry, Seokjin-ssi. You were not supposed to see this card.”

   “But unfortunately, I did see it” Jin puts his arms over the counter, and hides his head between them, his voice is muffled “Ugh, I shouldn't have seen that stupid card. I wouldn't be stuck in this mess if I hadn't seen it.”

   “Excuse me, Namjoon-nim. We have a situation here” Jimin is calling the doctor on the reception phone.

   “Cinnamon! Oh, my Cinnamon, I missed you” he hears the voice of the woman in the waiting room.

   He turns around, and sees the woman hugging a giant cinnamon roll, that is moving and clinging lovingly to her. For some reason, his brain imagined the woman's dog, not as a dog, but as a freaking giant cinnamon roll alive.

   “Seokjin-ssi, the doctor says you can go to his office.”

   “Please, Seokjin-ssi, take a seat” before Jin gives a single step towards the office, doctor Namjoon is already there.

   Like, his office is there, at the very waiting room. It's like half the room is still a waiting room, and the other half is that office with plants and diplomas on the wall he saw before.

   “I'm doctor Kim Namjoon, I'm a neurosurgeon, and the director in charge of this place.”

   “Yes, I met you already, doctor. And I should've never met you in the first place...” Seokjin looks desperately at the man, sits on the chair and clings onto the desk.

   “I was informed about you finding one of our cards. Indeed, Taehyung came here some weeks ago to endure our--”

   “Yeah, 'our erasing procedure. I can answer any question you may have now' blablabla, I know” the walls around him start turning black “I can't believe there is no turning back, it HAS to be something I can do.”

   Darkness again. Everything is gone.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   Now Jin is at his best friends' apartment again. They're sitting at the table, eating cookies and smiling to each other.

   And in the center of the room... It's Taehyung kissing that black haired girl.

   “Guys...” the men are deep lost in each other, cleaning the crumbs in each other's lips with their thumbs, and smiling more “Guys! I'm here, pay attention to me, please.”

   When he turns back again, he sees the blue-haired man being swallowed by the darkness, along with the girl. The darkness gets closer and closer.

   “Quick! I know you're not real, but you're still my friends, the ones who always give me advice. Do you have any idea of what I can do to stop this?”

   The men think for a moment, still eating cookies.

   “Well hyung, here you can control what happens at your own will, it's your mind after all” Hobi says “Wait for the memory of your last fight with Taehyung, and try to figure things out. Run after him, don't let him go.”

   His friends are swallowed by the darkness a moment later, but they still look happy and disgustingly lost in each other. He doesn't know how running after Tae in that memory would change this, but he'll give it a try.

***********