• Chapter 01 •

A car door close down in the street, and wakes Seokjin up from a deep slumber. His head is spinning, and he remembers absolutely nothing about last night. Making a big effort, he opens his eyes and see water drops falling from the top of the window to the bottom of it. It rained last night.

   He sits up, pushing himself with his arms, the blanket still covering his legs. He feels a sting on his right inner elbow. It's the kind of sting produced by a needle.

   Then he sees the sleeves of his blue and white plaid pajamas, and raises his eyebrows in confusion.

   He remembers those pajamas were on the laundry bag since days ago. How can that be possible?

   Did he take it out of the bag and just wore it without washing it? That'd be gross. He smells the fabric... It isn't dirty anymore, it smells like freshly washed.

   He smells something more. Is that... Gimbap? No, it has been days since last time he ate gimbap, maybe the smell comes from another apartment. That's the only logic answer.

   He puts his bare feet on the carpeted floor, stretches his muscles in all directions, and goes to prepare for work at the office. It's February 14th, winter is ending soon, and since today's weather isn't so cold, he just wears his suit. Suddenly an odd feeling he can't identify sets inside his chest. Jin tries his best to make sense on that feeling, as he walks down the stairs until the building parking lot.

   And there he gets a bad surprise. His car door has some deep scratches, maybe fifteen inches long, and also some rests of red painting. Beside his car, by casuality maybe, there is a red car parked.

   “Dumbass” he grumbles in a low voice, and writes its license plate number on his phone notes. He will not let this slip away.

   Annoyed, he leaves his car parked there, and just walk with his briefcase until the train station, that is five blocks away of his building. The air is still moisty for last night rain, so he takes his mask out of his pocket and put it over his mouth and nose. His steps are quick, he's so used to the pressure of time and puntuality.

   That odd feeling is still inside of him. It feels like... Like he has something to do, something important. The feeling won't stop, it lingers deep inside of him, until he enters the train station. He checks the schedule grid, to know when will come the train to Songpa (that's the city next to Seoul where he works). Then, a woman on speakers does an announcement.

   Attention please: The train to Incheon will departure soon from platform number two. Repeating: The train to Incheon will departure soon from platform number two. Have a nice day

   Jin glances at the schedule grid one more time and suddenly... He jumps and start running to the announced train, just about to departure. He runs through the doors a second before they close.

   Why did he do that? He's everything but an impulsive person, and now he's on a train to Incheon, a city that is in opposite direction from Songpa. He walks into one of the wagons and quickly finds an empty seat. He sits down and takes his phone out of his pocket. He has to think about a good reason to skip work for the first time ever.

Good morning, Nayeon-sumbae. I'm so sorry, but I'll be unable to go to work today. I woke up feeling really bad, and I'm now going to see the doctor. Please, send me today's paperwork as soon as you have them, and I'll check everything at home.

 That was the message sent to his supervisor. She replies a couple minutes later.

   Good morning, Seokjin-ssi. No problem, the paperwork can wait. Please don't worry about that, the most important thing now is your health. I hope you recover soon

   The same odd feeling of having something important to do is still inside his chest. That feeling was the reason why he did the first impulsive act he can remember. He closes his eyes, and makes the biggest effort to remember what is that important thing he forgot.

   About ninety minutes later, the train reaches the last station on Incheon. Seokjin gets off, walks out of the station, and his eyes quickly find and recognize a specific, remote place: Dongmak beach.

   He walks calmly, and a while later he's finally on the beach. About two years ago his friend Yoongi married that girl he was crazy in love with. His dear friend looked the happiest.

   Jin looks around him, remembering where were the tables with food, the aisle to the altar, the people dancing... They're nice memories.

   The moment was so happy that no one even imagined what was going to happen just a year after. That woman turned from an adorable angel to a merciless bitch, that took everything Yoongi had, and left him almost homeless. After the divorce, and working with a persuasive lawyer, she took his friend's whole life away. He and Hoseok supported him through those black days, Hoseok offered him to be roommates, while he saves money to buy another apartment in the outskirts of Seoul. Yoongi continues saving money, but he's in a better mood nowadays, and that makes Seokjin feel relieved.

   He walks a little more... Yeah, he remembers, there was a house built in the beach, near a crag. It looks exactly the same, and just like last time, he wants to see it up close, so he walks towards it.

   And he stops. There is a blue-haired guy walking out of the house. It's an abandoned place since years ago. What is that guy doing there?

***********