chapter 42| tiger striped wrists

Lottie's POV:

Back at the hotel, I grabbed my purse off the counter and started running.

I called an Uber on my way out.

"Where am I taking you, ma'am?" The Uber driver said.

I told him where and he drove me there... I got out at the hotel Blaire, Bella, Hailee, and Oliver were staying at.

I got out right as they were parking.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Hailee said, getting closer and closer to me.

I started to choke up and shake.

"I- I don't have anywhere to go." I stuttered.

"What about your psycho, murderer boyfriend?" Blaire yelled.

"He told me to run." I mumbled. "Because the kid isn't his and he didn't want to hurt me."

"Okay, and is that our problem?" Hailee said.

I shook my head. "Guys, I'm sorry."

"Get out of here." Oliver said, after he noticed Blaire was crying.

Blaire's POV:

"Why the hell is she here?" Amir whispered to me.  I shrugged.

They started arguing with her, but in the end we came to an agreement that we would pay for a plane ticket for her.

"Get out of here. Far away." Bella said to Scarlett.

She thanked us and called another Uber to take her to the airport.

She awkwardly walked to the Uber and drove off.

We all started to talk about how mad we were about her showing up, asking for help.

While they were all angry and talking, I snuck into the hotel bathroom.

I pulled out Oliver's pocket knife,  that I stole. I began to cut my legs and wrist.

I turned on the tub and filled it. I got in and laid there.

"Do it." Amir said to me. "Drown yourself. Come be with me, baby."

I started to slide down... I didn't let myself come back up.

Oliver's POV:

"Where's Blaire?" Hailee said.

"She went into the hotel, I think." Bella stated.

I went up to our room. "Blaire?" I shouted.

I heard the water running in the bathroom. I walked in and immediately started to panic. I saw my knife on the sink and blood drops on the ground. I saw Blaire underwater... I pulled her up and carried her out of the bathtub.

"Bee, what are you doing?" I cried. And I never cry.

"I can't. I can't anymore, Oliver." She sobbed in my arms.

"Get dressed, Bee. It'll be okay. I promise." I set her down on the toilet.

She threw on a hoodie and shorts.

Bella and Hailee came darting into the room.

"Is she okay?" Hailee cried.

"She's okay, but if I didn't come at the time I did... She would've been dead."

Hailee and Bella were speechless. They just walked over to Bee and hugged her.

"Hey, we gotta be out of here by midnight and it's 10:30. Start packing up."

Hailee's POV:

We got everything packed and we loaded up the car. It was about a 3 hour drive to the apartment we bought. The whole car ride was pretty much silence or music. Nobody really talked. We were all mentally exhausted. We had nothing left to give.

We got to the apartment and we all went into our room. It was cute and small.

We had no furniture, so we slept on the floor with blankets and pillows. Bella and Oliver slept in one room and Bee and I slept in another.

Blaire and I also decided we were still going to Angelina's dad's retirement party tomorrow. It's something to help us forget everything and it's close to us. The apartment we moved into is only 20 minutes away from it.

Oliver's POV:

Bella and I were in our room, getting our blankets laid out.

"Bella... I've been wanting to ask you this ever since I met you. Since the first day I saw you, I wanted to be with you for my whole life..." I said, getting onto one knee.

She started to freeze up.

"Will you marry me?" I asked.
She got quiet. "Is that a 'no'?" I mumbled.

"I don't know, Oliver. This is a lot." She said. "Can you let me think about it?"

A single tear fell from her beautiful eyes.

I nodded and stood back up. We awkwardly cuddled and fell asleep.