chapter 39| on top of the world

Hailee's POV:

Blaire told me about Ben and Angie going on a date. I'm so happy for both of them, and Ben didn't come home yesterday, so I guess he stayed with her.

Andrew and I are going through a rough patch. He thinks I'm holding him back. He wants to move to Japan and pursuit a career there. I'm all here for him doing that, but he made it like I suffocate or control him.

So, after today, he is going to Japan. He saved up the money and he's ready to move on in his life. Andrew thinks that we can defend ourselves, which we can, but I really don't want him to leave. This sounds familiar, right? Amir wanting to move to L.A to have a career there... whelp, he ended up dead. And not in a disrespectful way, but I just don't think its a smart idea to split up, after what happened to Amir.

Angelina's POV:

I really want to text everyone and tell them, but I don't have the guts. I can't be the one to break the news. I can't do it right now. I'm not mentally stable at the moment, to tell his best friends he's dead. I will soon though... I just have to figure out how.

Oliver's POV:

"Hey, Logan. How have you been?"

"I'm fine... I heard about Amir too."

"Yeah. It sucks, man. It really does."

"How's Bee?" Logan asked in a concerned tone.

"Not good, to be honest."

We talked for awhile, but then I hung up to go talk to Blaire. "How are you,Blaire?" I asked, knowing what the answer was.

"I'm okay... I think." She answered.

She looked tired and like she hasn't taken care of herself. Blaire had on an old T-shirt of Amir's on and sweatpants that she hasn't changed out of in days. Her hair was in a low, messy bun and she had makeup still on from two days ago.

I grabbed her hand and took her into the bathroom to get cleaned up. And no, its not weird. She's like my little sister and she needs help, so I'm going to help her.

She curled up in the bathtub and start crying hysterically. I tried to sooth her, but nothing helped. I washed the soap out of her hair and got her out of the tub. I picked out clean clothes for her to put on.

"Why did you pick out a tight fit dress? Why not something comfy?" She questioned.

"We're going somewhere." I answered.

We got into my car and started to head off.

She has always wanted to go to the Eiffel Tower. So I decided to take her. She deserves it. Blaire has fallen into a depression, and I want to help as much as I can.

"Here."

Her eyes lit up. She was so excited, she started doing a little excited dance. She hopped out the car in her light purple dress, with lace at the bottom. And her chunky white heals, she also had on a butterfly claw clip in her hair.

"No way! Thank you, thank you!" She practically screamed, giving me a huge hug.

"You're afraid of elevators though. Are you gonna be okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'll be okay. Just got to put on my big girl panties." She laughed.

As we were about to get in the elevator, I heard someone whistle. And then I realized the man was whistling at Bee. I got into his face and threatened him. "I'll put you to sleep right here, right now." The dude backed away after I said that. I mean, I am a big dude, 6'0 and 200+ pounds. This guy was like 5'5 and 130 pounds.

"Settle down, Ollie." Blaire chuckled, patting my shoulder.

We got to the top and of course she made me take Instagram pictures of her.

"I feel like I'm on top of the world." She laughed.

I noticed she looked up into the sky and blew a kiss. I started to tear up, but I quickly wiped my tears so she didn't see. I hate seeing her sad. I hate it.

We got back in my car and it's pretty dark now. I was just thinking about Bella. I feel like I ruined her life. If it weren't for me, she wouldn't be in this mess. But she also calls it a "beautiful mess" because it brought us all closer. I understand she's making a depressing situation positive, but it doesn't work. I can never undo all the pain.

Hailee's POV:

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I hugged Bee, when she walked through the door.

"Same." She said, squeezing me tightly.

"So, Angelina invited me to her dad's retirement party, a few weeks ago. And I want to go, because I hate being cooped up in this hotel." I mentioned. "It's a really fancy, formal party. So, this gives us the chance to dress up all fancy and shit."

"I'm down to go. Is Bella coming?"

"She doesn't want to." I said.

"Oh, okay." Bee nodded.

"Have you heard from Ben or Angelina?" I asked. I'm starting to get worried.

"No, not at all." She answered.

"I'm texting Angie."

"Hey, Angie. Haven't heard from you or Ben, everything good?" I text.

"Yeah, he's been staying with me!"

I got an off vibe. I felt the urge to throw up. But I didn't question her.

"I guess he's staying with her."

"Oh, why wouldn't he just tell us?"

"I don't know." I replied.

Angie's POV:

I just messed up so bad. I can't believe I just lied.

He's dead and I just told her he's staying with me. Oh my God. I feel like a horrible person...

At the moment, the cops are putting off the search for Myles, because I went to the station and made up a story for what could've happened. I told them I was a little drunk when they came, and I started making up stories. They still think he was murdered, although I tried to lie. But now they don't know who could've done it.

But I'm probably the number one suspect now...

I should've just let them search for Myles and know the truth, but I didn't want to snitch. They always talk about how they can handle it. And "snitches get stitches," and that made me nervous. What if Myles finds out I snitched and he finds me? He would kill me.

Lottie's POV:

It's the next morning and I woke up to flowers and Myles sleeping on the pull out couch.

"Good morning, baby." He said, in a sleepy voice.

"Morning." I replied.

"I got you some candy and flowers."

"T-thank you." I hesitated.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." He demanded.

"Nothing." I replied, in a dominant tone.

"Don't get all defensive." He said, throwing his hands up.

Well...there is something wrong. The kid is Ben's. Turns out, I'm a lot further along than he thinks. I got pregnant at the end of June, when Ben and I were still together...