chapter 40| crying on the inside

Hailee's POV:

"I really don't want you to leave." I mentioned to Andrew.

"But I can't stay, not even for you. I'm going to take Blaire's advice and be selfish for once." He stated.

I started to tear up, "Okay."

He hugged and kissed me, and left to go to the airport. I'm sad,  but in another way, I'm proud of him.

Damn Blaire, for giving him that advice. I don't wanna hold him back, but it still hurts.

It's been a few days, nobody has heard from Ben, Blaire is even more depressed, Oliver and Bella are looking for somewhere else to go, and Hailee is being ghosted by Andrew.

"I think we should just go back to New Jersey." Blaire recommended.

"One, we don't know where Ben is. Two, we barely have enough money to be traveling back and forth." Oliver said.

"I could find cheap flights." Bella said.

"Maybe." Hailee said, "But I'm not leaving until we know where Ben is and Myles is dead."

"I have an idea, guys." Blaire said.

Everyone was shocked because of her tone, all day and everyday she's been talking in a low quiet, depressing tone. But she sounded uplifted.

"Let's have a funeral... like a celebration of Amir and Nick's lives. We don't have their bodies, but we still should pay our respects for them." Blaire suggested.

"That's a really good idea." Bella stated.

Everyone got notebooks and wrote down their ideas on how they should do the "funeral."

"We should do lanterns." Hailee suggested.

"Yeah, and we could write them both a note." Blaire added.

"We could do a time capsule, and put stuff that connects us with each other." Oliver said. "But we can't know what we're all putting in." He added onto his idea.

"I like this plan, a lot." Bella said, but then her face turned blank. "Guys, Angelina just text me. But all she said was my name."

"Yes?" She responded to the text.

"Listen, I didn't know how to tell you all, but I witnessed Ben dying. Myles stabbed him, as he was walking into the bakery. I'm sorry I lied, and I'm sorry I'm telling you this over text. I don't know how I would possibly have the gut to tell you it in person. I'm sorry. May he rest easy." Angelina text back.

Bella dropped her phone in disbelief. Oliver picked the phone back up and read the text aloud.

He started breaking down in tear. Blaire sat there in shock, with no expression on her face. Hailee started to break down along with Oliver.

Obviously Blaire was sad, but she cried so much, that nothing even came out. But she was crying on the inside.

"There's gonna be a funeral for three people now." Blaire said quietly, and she finally started to form tears in her eyes.

Oliver threw something across the room and let out a loud scream.

The hotel workers tried kicking them out, but Oliver explained one of their friends just died and they had nowhere to go. The hotel workers were hesitant, but let them stay.

Oliver's POV:

I've had enough.