chapter 37| be selfish, to be happy

Ben's POV:

I have been talking to Angelina on facetime for a few days now. I'm really starting to like her, but I didn't want to tell anyone. But Bee looked down at my phone and saw me texting her.

"Aw, are you guys talking?" She asked. She had a smile growing on her face.

"Kind of. I really like her."

"I'm glad you're finally over Scarlett."

"Yeah... me too."

"Myles brainwashed her." Blaire does have a point. She's so in love with him, she can't see right from wrong.

"He's going to end up killing her." I sighed.

I don't like her anymore, especially because of what she said to Blaire, but I don't want her dead. I mean... she was my first real love.

"Anyways, are you and Angelina going on a date?" Bee asked.

"Yeah, actually we are going to her bakery tonight... after hours."

'Oh, okay Ben." She said, hyping me up.

Blaire's good at that,  she always makes people feel good about their self, and makes them feel comfortable. She's a good listener too. She always knows what to say and when to say it.

When I lived at home, and was going through family issues, she helped me. Every word she said to me made me feel better. Her way of seeing things help more than you could imagine.

Andrew was going through a lot before and he never helped himself, he helped everyone else before himself. Blaire told him one time, "Sometimes you got to be selfish, to be happy." Those words stuck with him. And sometimes he used her advice at the wrong times, but those words also helped him to focus on himself and become a better person.

Blaire is so strong, the way she's able to uplift people, even when she's down is amazing.

Hailee's POV:

I made Blaire send me Scarlett's location.

I'm going to her and Myles, before they try to come to me. I am fed up with them thinking they could get away with everything. But I'm not a snitch, I'll be damned if you think I'm gonna call the cops. Fuck 12.

I said all of this in my head, while I loaded my gun.

I hopped in my car and started speeding to their hotel. I pulled into the parking lot. I didn't want to go inside with my gun, so I decided I'll camp out in the lot until they decide to come out.

Two hours later, it's now 4:00 in the afternoon, I finally saw Myles started to walk out. I didn't see Scarlett though.

I snuck up on Myles and gripped him up. I held my gun to his head and said, "You think you can't get away with all of this. I hope you didn't think I would just sit back and let you kill my bestfriends. You're beat, Myles."

He grabbed my arm and threw me off of him. I shot the gun, but it missed him... Instead, it shot Scarlett who was walking out of the hotel. It only shot her leg, not any fatal part.

"Next time, it's both of your heads. Let that be a warning." I said, walking to my car.

A worker at the front desk came walking out, to see what happened, but I was already too far away.

Scarlett's POV:

"Oh my God. Myles... it hurts."

"I know, sweetie." He said, lifting me into his car. He wrapped his shirt around my bullet wound, until we got to the hospital. I had the pain from the bullet, but I was also getting pain from being a pregnant woman, who had been shot.

"Should we call the police on her?" I asked.

"No, I'm not a snitch. Let's just get you to the hospital."

I nodded.

Myles' POV:

The doctor checked on her and she was just resting now. She was on pain killers to help some for now.

"Hey, there's that one bakery a few blocks away. You want something from there?" I asked.

She slowly shook her head.

I started making my way to the bakery.

Ben's POV:

I started making my way to the bakery.