Ch#31: "Heartstrings"

{Recap: Maeve was sent in the infirmary and she was given some injections}

Davien's Pov:-

I had closed my eyes after Maeve had slept but in a sudden I opened them again when I heard a gasp.

I saw her sitting up breathing heavily and looking around confused.

"Hey hey hey, I am here baby", I murmured to her as I sat down on the bed, pulling her closer to my body. She sighed and rested her head on my chest and moved even closer, if that was even possible.

I pulled away examining her face and noticed no tear's or any sign of sadness. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"You're okay right?", I asked her and she nodded wiping some of the sweat which had formed on her face.

"I'll call Marie in", I informed her and she nodded laying back down on the bed. I left the room for a moment to find Marie and when she saw me, she immediately followed.

"So I believe Luna did experience a nightmare but because of the sedative it helped", she explained. "And I feel like you'll be fine, I'll give you medicines. Also Alpha Davien come meet me outside", I nodded while squeezing Maeve's hand a little and she smiled at me.

We left the room as I stood right outside her room.
"Okay so I feel like these nightmares are happening because Luna might be feeling unhappy. Maybe try to take her somewhere on a vacation or maybe have a change in environment", she suggested as I nodded looking around.

Maybe we do need something different around us.

"You're right. Thank you".

"You're welcome Alpha".

I went back inside and approached Maeve who was already looking at me.

"What did Marie say?", She asked and I could feel the worry in our mate bond so I held her hand reassuringly.

"Well my pretty girl, no need to be worried. We're going on a vacation in a day or two after some more sedatives have been given to you", I explained to her and she breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, lying back down on the bed.

"Alright want to watch a movie?"

•••

We were still in the hospital and it has been 4 hour's now. Unknowingly I had closed my eyes and slept on her chest. I felt someone's fingers raking through my hair making me hum in satisfaction.

I opened my eyes and one of the most beautiful sights was infront of me. My mate was looking at me with her gorgeous eyes and smiling down at me. I smiled back and closed my eyes again.

"I love you so much", I mumbled as her chest vibrated with a chuckle making me smile yet again.

"Is it because I am doing this?", I grinned and pecked her exposed skin making her giggle.

"No", I replied cheekily making her laugh again as I removed myself from her chest and yawned.

"Do you want to eat anything?", I asked her sitting back at the hospital chair when someone knocked on our door and Marie peeked her head in.

"I see that the love birds are awake", she teased while reading the files in her hand making me smile.

I could feel Maeve being flustered through the mate bond but I decided to let it be. She would be even more red than she already was.

"Hmm", Marie checked Maeve's hand and nodded to herself. "Looks like Luna will be okay. I'll recommend the same medicines again as there was no reaction to the sedative she had", she completed and I nodded squeezing my mate's hand to let her know I am there.

•••(sorry for the timeskips, I am lazy)

"....And so I am sorry for what I did. Jealousy overtook my basic human sense", she completed and I smiled looking at Maeve who was holding Sabrina's hand.

"Thank you for apologizing Sabrina. That is very nice of you. I forgive you and I understand what you went through. I'll be there if you need me", Maeve held Sabrina's hand and gave her a short hug before she stood up.

"Anyways have a great trip and I am sorry once again", she left the house from where we stood and I looked at Maeve who was smiling.

"It was a genuine thing that she did to be honest and I am grateful for that", she told me and sometimes I forget how amazing she is.

I smiled back leaning down to capture her lips in a sweet passionate kiss. Our lips mold together and I hold her waist to pull her closer.

Pulling away she giggles as we go back to our bedroom to pack suitcases.

"I actually can't believe we're going to Hawaii. I am so excited!", Maeve squealed like a little kid making me chuckle as I pinched her cute cheeks.

"Yes baby, now get used to it", I winked at her grabbing her waist and she lightly pushed me groaning.

Putting everything in our bag, tommorow around 8 our flight would departure.

"Do you want to sleep or...", We laid down on our bed as I trailed my hand on her thigh sensually with a raised brow.

"Stop!", She whined and I laughed along with her. I kissed her cheek and pulled her petite figure close to me, snuggling in her warm neck.

"I was just kidding baby, let's go to sleep. We have a long day ahead", I mumbled in her neck and she hummed softly.

The day just keeps getting better and better. Though we woke up again at night because we both were hungry and then ordered pizza.

"Yeah cheese will do", I told on the call hanging up the phone. They said it'll take around 20 minutes to arrive so we both turn on Netflix and watch "Brooklyn Nine nine" which is apparently Maeve's favorite show.

As we're eating the pizza which arrived not long ago, Maeve leans up and pecks my lips.

"What?", I look at her playfully and she just shrugs hugging me making me so happy.

My heart feels complete.

[Word Count- 1092]

A/N

Yes I updated and yes I have an exam. But this was already written a while ago and I decided to post it. Sorry if this has grammar mistakes.

Also I'll be writing a lot of smuts now so be ready.

I'll update after 17 November again. See y'all then.
By then, please get this chapter to 10+ votes. Thank you <3

xoxo

-lily