Golf pt 3

AN: OMG DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!! I have been working like a dog for so long it feels good to take some time and write for myself! I am still not done with my finals so updates will still be spotty but I have owed you guys this chapter (and myself I love this concept) so I hope you enjoy

Lena's POV

"Remind me again why we are going to California?" Kara snaps agitated as I sip tea on my plane as she pets Caroline in the seat next to her. "And why do we have to take a plane?" 

"It was the only last-minute flight we could find to get us to California so quickly." I say with a shrug "And you will see when we get there why we are going to California." Kara rolled her eyes at me and I see her nervously tapping her foot. "What do you have against California?" 

"I don't have anything against California it is a beautiful place. I have things against planes" Kara says and her words hit me like a ton of bricks. 

"I am a dick"

"No, you aren't. I have taken many flights-" 

"Yah but this wasn't a necessary trip and I could have gone on my own-"

"Lena I appreciate your concern but I am okay. I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't want to. I haven't been on planes much since the crash but I am okay they just still give me a bit of concern."

I nod and say "If it helps at all this is considered the safest private jet line in the world" 

She chuckles and says "It does" but if it did it doesn't help much. 

-------

3 hours later we land in San Jose airport and 20 minutes after we are in a car on the way to my alma mader (the school she went to) 

Kara is glancing out the window of the SUV and because of the route, I asked the driver to take she didn't see any signs for the University we were heading towards. 

I start getting really excited when we turn right into the golf course road. 

We drive all the way up and into the parking lot and at this point, I glance over and see Kara's eyes are as wide as dinner plates. 

"Why are we at Stanford's golf course?" she questions in utter shock. 

"Let's go and you will find out," I say as we jump out of the car, she follows suit with Little Grey in her service dog vest on and next to Kara. My driver pulls away to go rest somewhere until we are ready to leave. "I played golf here when I was in school, I thought it would be fun to go watch the tournament happening today" 

"Really?" 

"I mean yeah it will be fun to watch golf, and see my old coach... there are no negatives" 

Before we even get two steps further a golf cart comes skreeching to a hault in front of us. 

I try not to flinch when I see my former teammate/best friend Sam glaring me down. 

"Lena Luthor. Welcome back to the farm (What they call stanford's course" she says in a dry tone. 

"How did you know I was here?" 

"When the first women to ever play in a PGA tour event and a former alumni walks into our humble course it is a very big deal. I got a call the second you parked." Sam says getting out of the cart and crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Well, I hope you don't mind we decided to drive around and watch the tournament. It seems like you now have the permission to deny us entry." I say glancing at her Stanford gear that was different from when we were on the team together. 

"Asisstant coach, I am the go too for short game help" she says simply "I seem to remember the days when I would kick your butt at our competitions" 

Kara clears her throat and Lena says "Sorry Kara, this is Sam Arias, my former teammate and the current assistant coach for Stanford women's golf. Sam this is Ka-"

"Kara Danvers" Sam says offering her hand "Considered to be the best caddy to ever walk the earth until she retired. Shocked the whole community when you came back. Welcome to Stanford's Golf course." 

"It's a pleasure to be here and meet you Sam." Kara says with a bright smile. "You give me too much credit and I hope it's okay that Caroline here joins us on the course?" 

"Of course. If you stay here some one will bring you guys a cart. The team is focused so they won't want to talk much but they will most definitely want to meet you after if you don't mind waiting and talking to them" Sam says

------------------

6 hours of driving around signing autographs and enjoying the golf later we are sitting in a room with the teams answering questions for the girls. 

It started just with stanford's team but as soon as one team saw what was happening they asked to join and then every other team slowly joined until the director of the course gave us a mic and almost 200 college golfers were sitting in a room with us. 

The questions weren't even directed at me every time. Eventually Kara and Little Grey joined us (LIttle grey getting the most questions by far out of anyone). 

Kara offered to give a green reading session that the entire group took her up on. 

We walked out onto the putting green and Kara asked a player to borrow their putter and a ball. She passes them to me and gives a 20-minute lecture that every person listened to with bated breath. I saw several people pull out their phones and start recording for their future practices.

It ended up with autographs and lucks wishes for their future tournaments and good luck to us on the Honda Classic next weekend. 

--------------------

Kara's POV

"Okay, day of the honda classic how are we feeling?" Lena says. 

"I am panicking." I said "This is important I mean this tournament determines if we qualify for the Masters. What if I miss read something? What if we don't make it?"  

"Kara aren't I supposed to be the one panicking?" she says with a chuckle. "It will be okay even if we fail epically it will be okay because we will keep pushing. Even if I don't win the Masters or the US Open I- we have kicked down the doors and more women will come and break the patriarchy." 

AN: Sorry short chapter but I want to give you something!