FIFTY ONE

LI

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rafe rushed into the consultants room, where Nurse Sullivan had told him that Cal was. His eyes filled with tears once he saw the girl. She was sat in a wheel chair, her head snapped up to the boy.

Cal's heart swelled once she saw him. He was wearing a short sleeved blue stripped top and his hair fell in front of his eyes, much like how Cal told him that she preferred it.

The girl didn't hesitate in trying to stand up to rush over to the boy, but the doctor quickly shook his head and Rafe rushed over to the girl.

His hands gripped her waist to stead her, he let go go a small chuckle once he realised that he was actually holding her. She was actually in his arms.

Everything felt surreal.

"Hey, sweetheart." He whispered, allowing his tears to fall freely down his face. He slowly rested his head against hers and closed his eyes, taking in her familiar scent.

"Hey, baby." Cal whispered back, pressing her lips against his cheek. "Will you help me sit back down?"

Nurse Sullivan had already explained to her that she would need to get her strength back and that her body would feel weak for a little while. Rafe quickly helped to lower the girl down before taking a seat beside her.

His hand linked with hers so tightly that his knuckles had turned white. He never wanted to let her go again. Truthfully, part of him felt like this was a dream or an hallucination from being high. He just hoped to God that it wasn't.

"Cal, are we okay to continue with Mr Cameron here?" Doctor Yang questioned, his eyes flickering over to Rafe.

Cal looked at Rafe with a smile and nodded. She wanted him present. She didn't want to part from him again.

"Yes, of course." She hummed, leaning over to rest her head on his shoulder. She ran her thumb over his knuckles, giving him a tight squeeze afterwards to show that she was really here.

She couldn't imagine how he was feeling right now.

The red head looked to her left, where there was an empty seat for JJ. Nurse Sullivan said that she had been calling him for a while but he still hadn't answered.

"Whilst in your coma, could you hear anything?" Doctor Yang questioned.

Cal's breath hitched as she looked up to Rafe. She could hear every word. She heard that he killed Peterkin. She heard that JJ found out about them. That John b and Sarah were dead.

"I heard it all." Her bottom lip quivered. "I heard those who love me plead for me to come back. I heard Rafe's voice. I heard my brothers voices. The Heyward's crying at the end of my bed. Pope apologising. Lou. I heard every word that was said."

Rafe's heart stopped, he went to pull away from the girl guilty. That meant that she knew that he killed Peterkin. But much to his surprise, Cal's grip on his hand tightened and pulled him closer.

A smile formed on his face and he softened at her touch. He should have known that she wouldn't judge him. She wouldn't make him feel guilty, not knowing that he had his reasons.

"Okay, and what happened? Do you remember how you ended up in the hospital?"

"I don't know how I got here, but I know what happened to me." She hummed. "I think everyone does now though, right?"

Doctor Yang nodded his head, but still remained silent, wanting to understand it from Cal's point of view.

"I went to see Luke- my dad- he had just beat JJ up." Vivid images flashed before the girls eyes as she thought about that night. "I made a deal with him, he could take as much anger out on me as he liked but he was never to lay a finger on my brother again."

Cal's tasted the salty tears on her lips before she even knew that she was crying. She reached up to wipe them away, wondering how JJ would have reacted if he was here. She then turned to look at Rafe, who had his jaw clenched as he looked at her. He hated that she did that for someone who couldn't be bothered to show up.

"And he took it. I don't know how I got to the hospital though. I can't imagine Luke called for an ambulance." Cal half heartedly chuckled, trying to hide her pain.

"I did." Rafe spoke up, clearing his throat after his voice cracked when he was speaking. "I had a bad feeling about when you left, so after talking to my dad I went over to yours." He paused. "I didn't care if JJ found out or if Luke hurt me. I just needed to see you again. But when I did, you were unconscious. I tried to wake you up, but you weren't responding. So, I called an ambulance and the police on Luke. I wasn't about to let him get away with hurting you like that."

Cal turned to face Rafe, she brought his hand up to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on his knuckles. She loved the boy sat in front of her so much. He was the reason that she was alive. She owed him everything.

"I love you." She whispered softly.

"Doctor Yang, if you don't mind, I'd like to take my girlfriend home now." Rafe spoke, Doctor Yang nodded in response, making Rafe stand up and wheel Cal out of the room. "I love you so much." He whispered in her ear as they went to exit the hospital.

Cal wondered where he was going to take her. Whether he was going to take her back to Luke's place or if they were both going back to the Cameron's.

She knew one thing for certain and that was, no matter where she was going next, she wanted Rafe to be there with her.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan