Part 84 - Rory and Logans apartment

Rory lay awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. Her stomach was already churning and grumbling and there were still 3 hours left before she had to leave for court. The sound of her phone bleeping forced Rory to move onto her side and reach towards the bedside table.

Rory held the phone in her hands and sighed as she read the text message from Logan.

'Car picking you up at 9! See you later'.

'Eugh!' Rory grumbled to herself out loud. They hadn't been together for weeks now, but somehow Logan still seemed to feel the need to protect her. She dialed Logans number and waited for him to pick up the phone.

Rory didn't give Logan a chance to speak, before she began her rant.

'Logan!' She sighed. 'I told you yesterday, mom and Luke are leaving their hotel at 8.30 to come pick me up ready for court!'

'Well, morning Rory..' Logan began to talk but Rory interrupted him.

'No Logan, why are you constantly trying to control my life! I'm not your girlfriend anymore, so you don't need to take care of me. I'm more than capable...'

'Of what?' Logan asked. 'Getting mommy and step daddy to pick you up and take you into court?'

Rory felt her breath getting heavier, as she began to become more and more anxious.

'Sorry.' Logan stopped himself.

Rory tried to interject, but she could barely talk, as she tried to catch her breath.

'It's just if we're going for joint custody' Logan continued. 'We really need to show a united front. I wanna make sure we both show up at court on time today.'

'Logan!' Rorys breath was still heavy, but she was finally managing to talk. 'Do you really think I'd be late to the court case to try and win my son back!'

'Our son' Logan interrupted her.

'Yesss our son, but don't worry Logan. I'm a grown woman. I know what I'm doing. I'll turn up to court on time with a smile on my face, so that you and your fathers solicitor can just wheel me in and..'

Rory was overcome by an overwhelming nausea, that was much stronger than the sickly feeling she'd been experiencing a couple of minutes ago. Immediately, she dropped her phone on the bed and rushed over to the ensuite bathroom, where last nights chinese food erupted from her mouth.

'Rory? Rory?' As Rory slumped into the bathroom floor, she could hear Logans voice coming from her phone a few metres away. As quick as possible, she splashed some cold water on her face and flushed the toilet that was next to her.

As Rory picked her phone back up, Logan spoke again.

'Rory, are you ok?'
'Yeah..' Rory managed to croak back.
'Rory', Logans voice sounded concerned now. 'What just happened?'
'Oh nothing, I'll be fine' she said, 'but I gotta go'.
'Alright then, I'll see you in court. I'll cancel the car. But make sure you show up on time. And, I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but please have something to eat. And no, coffee does not count as a meal.'

The mention of coffee turned Rorys stomach and she rushed off into the bathroom to throw up again.

As she sat on the bathroom floor, the stench of her own vomit making her even more queezy, Rory put her head in her hands and sighed loudly. Today was gonna be a difficult day.