Part 58 - Stars Hollow

'Right that's it, I think' Rory heard Logan say, as he arrived back inside the house.
Rory stood in her bedroom and looked at the pile of childrens pariphenalia in front of her.
'Will you keep a hold of these?' she looked to her mom who was stood beside her.
'Of course' Lorelai said.
'I just don't think I can bare to..and I don't want to..'
'I know' Lorelai replied, placing a hand on her daughters arm. 'Anyway, I could do with keeping a few diapers in the house, as Lukes getting to that stage now.'
'Hey! I can hear you!' Luke said from the other room, but Lorelai ignored him.

Logans head popped around the bedroom door. 'We're all in the car. You ready?'
'Yeah of course' Rory said and she made her way towards where Logan was standing.
'Are you sure you're both ready?' Lorelai asked.
'Yeah I think so' Rory said. 'We have to get back at some stage and at least if we're in New Haven we're closer to Amelie, in case she has any updates. Plus no offence mom, but I feel like if we stay here we're kinda going backwards.'
'I totally get it!' Lorelai said, 'but if you ever need anything, you know where we..'
'Yeah I know where you are mom' Rory said. 'Thanks for having us here, it means a lot.'
'Yeah and thanks from me too' Logan finally spoke up, 'thanks for your hospitality guys, both of you'. He looked at Lorelai and Luke, who had just appeared behind him. 'It's really helped us get back on our feet again. But I think right now..' Logan looked at his watch. 'We gotta hit the road'. He put a hand on Rorys back and begun to guide her towards the kitchen door, but she stopped him.

'Actually, I think we forgot to say something' Rory said. 'Thank you Luke for everything you've done this past week to help us and try and find Dylan.'
'I'm so sorry Luke buddy' Logan said, 'I was going to say something like that as well.'
'Seriously, it doesn't matter, it's no problem' Luke said, looking at them both. 'I'm gonna keep trying. I've tried almost every police department and social services in Los Angeles and noone seems to have heard anything.'
'No, seriously Luke.' Rory reached out and put a hand on her stepfathers shoulder, 'you've already done enough'. Rory turned to her left and shot Lorelai a knowing look. They'd already shared their concerns over Luke being up until the early hours, calling around to find Dylan.

'Anyway, we better head off', Rory said. 'We gotta get on the road now to miss the traffic and Logans heading back into the office early tomorrow to catch up on some stuff. So we'll see you both later and I'll call you tonight when we get in.' Rory and Logan both said their goodbyes and headed out to the car.

They'd barely been driving five minutes when Rorys phone rung. Logan looked over at her from the drivers seat, clearly concerned over who was calling. When Rory saw the name on her phone she started to feel slightly queezy.Emily Gilmore.

The last time Rory had spoken to Emily was when she'd been on the way to the airport to pick up Dylan. They hadn't spoken since, which meant that Emily didn't know what had happened. Rory turned her phone towards Logan, so that he could see the name on the screen. Clearly realising the same thing as Rory just had, Logan took one hand off of the steering wheel and placed it on Rorys arm.
'You don't have to..' he said, 'we could ask your mom to..'
'No it's alright' Rory said. 'I have to speak to her at some point'.
'Alright, but are you sure you're ok?' Logan asked. Rory just nodded, before she picked up the phone.
'My goodness Rory, where have you been?' Emily answered before Rory had a chance to speak. 'I've been dying to meet my great grandson and you haven't been in touch with me for days!'
'Grandma' Rory said bluntly, stopping her grandmother in her tracks, 'I have something to tell you.'