Part 37 - Rory and Logans Apartment

Rory sat in bed, wide awake. She was never going to sleep after what had just happened. When she'd arrived back at the apartment, Logan had been sat in bed reading emails. As soon as Rory entered the bedroom, Logan had patted the spot on the bed beside him, inviting her to get in. Rory had taken off her shoes and clothes and slipped on a camisole. As soon as she'd climbed into bed, Logan had put his laptop down at the side of him and invited her in for a cuddle.

Now, she was laying on Logans bare chest, his right arm wrapped around her and playing with her hair. For the last half hour they'd been sat in silence, with Rory trying to make sense of what had just happened with Amelie. Finally, it was Logan who broke the silence.
'Are you ok?' he asked her.
'Yeah' was all Rory managed to reply. She was still deep in thought.
'What happened? You got home really early', Logan asked.
'Did I really?' Rory mumbled. Logan freed his arm from around Rory and turned to face her.
'Listen Ace, clearly something went on. You've hardly spoken a word since you got home'. Rory sat up and turned around to face Logan.
'I've just been trying to get my head around what's just happened' she said.
'What was it?' Logan placed a hand on Rorys knee, 'did she ask about Dylan like you said?'
'Well yeah, kinda' Rory bit her lip, 'we kinda got into a bit of a deep conversation about what had happened to him. Amelie seemed so easy to talk to and...'
'Oh Ace!' Logan moved his hand away from Rory and pushed both hands through his hair. 'Don't tell me you told her about her. Rory, there's a reason the PI told us not to mention that part to anyone! If it gets out to the press, she'll know that we know she did it and then..'
Rory interrupted him. 'Logan, please don't get mad at me about this. There's more of a story I have to tell you.'
'What is it, Rory!' Logan was starting to sound angry now. He stood up out of bed and begun pacing across the bedroom, 'because I'm dying to know!' Rory got out of bed and begun following Logan around the bedroom, until finally she managed to hold him in one place, her hands on his elbows. She looked up at him and straight into his eyes, but Logan looked distant.
'It's what happened after I told her' Rory began, 'as soon as I mentioned Odettes name she passed out and I had to get a waiter to carry her out to the car. I've just been trying to figure out why she was so shocked and emotional about it all., Logan pulled himself out of Rorys grasp and threw his arms in the air.
'Because she's a fucking journalist, Rory!' Rory stepped back. 'Of course, she was shocked and emotional. She'd just got the biggest scoop on a story that's been going around for the past two years!'
'Oh, I didn't think about that'. Rory couldn't believe that it had taken her this long to realise. She felt a single tear trickle down her cheek. Logan must have noticed this, as he walked over from where he was stood on the other side of the room and pulled Rory to him.
'I'm so sorry, I just never thought of it like that' she leant her head against his chest, 'she seemed so nice'. Logan began to run his fingers through Rorys hair, soothing her.
'Ace, one of the things I love about you the most', his tone was calmer now, 'is that even after knowing you for 15 years, you still seem just as innocent as the day I met you. You see the good in everyone and that's something I've really struggled with myself'. Rory pulled herself back and started trying to wipe the tears off her face, but Logan turned her around and pulled her back towards him, holding her to him with one hand and placing his chin on top of her head.
'And I'm so sorry about how I got a minute ago! I know it scared you, but I just miss our little boy'.
'I do too' Rory said, but somehow she managed a little smile.

**
Rory must have drifted off to sleep, as she was woken up by the sound of her phone ringing. Pulling Logans arm away from off her chest, she climbed out of bed and begun searching for her phone. Eventually, she found it in her coat pocket. She lifted it out and saw Amelies name appear on the screen. At first, she still hesitated to answer, angry at Amelies betrayal. But then she sat back down on the bed and answered the phone. She deserved at least some sort of explanation.
'Yes!' Rory answered, abruptly.
'Rory, I have something to tell you', Amelie said.
'Yes, I bet you have', Rory replied.
'It's about your little boy. I know this sounds totally crazy..'