Part 66 - Winter Gardens, Downtown Los Angeles

'You can just pull up here, that's cool man.' They were still about a hundred feet away from the address he'd been given, but Logan needed time to clear his head.

Amongst all the madness of todays events, he hadn't much time to really stop and take check of his own emotions. But just as the car had turned the last corner, something had dawned on him. He may just be about to meet his son. The thought of this made Logan feel sick. He needed to take some time out to clear his head, so he decided to walk the rest of the way.

Should he have brought Rory with him once he'd found out where Dylan was? They'd always dreamt of being reunited with their son together, but he knew that Rory couldn't cope with being let down again. His heart broke at the thought of her face when she'd been stood at the airport and realised Dylan wasn't coming. He couldn't put her through that again.

Logan looked down again at the peice of paper that he'd written the address Wendy had given to him on. '53 Winter Gardens'. A funny name for a housing area in such a hot city. He looked up at the house in front of him. Number 49. He must be two doors away.

Most of the houses on this estate were quite big, but even from a distance Logan could see that number 53 was the biggest. This foster carer must have a lot of money. He assumed that she'd retired from a good job. That was good. Dylan must be well provided for here.

Daniel, he had to remember to call the boy Daniel. He didn't know what he and Rory would decide to do later down the line, but if he started to call the boy Dylan right now, it might freak him out.

The garden to number 53 was fenced off, but beyond a clean-cut grassy area, Logan could make out a swimming pool. He could hear the children playing in it, before he could see them. Logan stopped in his tracks. Maybe one of them was his son.

The smallest of the four children, who looked as if he could be about 2 years old was sat inside a rubber dingy, with an older looking child pushing him around the pool. Logan smiled. The little boy was laughing away to himself. He'd been through a lot in his short life, but at least he was happy here.

Suddenly, Logan was hit by a sharp stabbing feeling in his stomach. Would he really be doing this boy any good by taking him away from a home he was so happy in? He knew Rory would be a great mother, but what if by being in his sons life he would mess it up? Logan sure hadn't seen any examples of love from his parents growing up, so how would he know how to bring this little boy up?

These feelings weren't unfamiliar to Logan. He remembered feeling exactly like this three years ago, when Rory had told him she was pregnant. But now there was a chance for his son to have an even better life, in a loving family, with other children around him.

Logan looked over to where a lady was sat at the side of the pool, reading a book. He chuckled to himself when he realised that it was Rorys book she was reading. How ironic? But from what he could see behind the book of the womans face, she looked like she had kind eyes and a nice smile. Dylan would be happy here. He didn't need Logan in his life to mess it up.

Logan turned around and walked the hundred yards back to where he'd left his driver. He got into the car and gave the driver the address of the Huntzberger Los Angeles residence.

**

When Rorys phone bleeped next to her, she picked it up and looked at it. Noticing that the message was from Logan, she smiled. She hadn't heard from him for a few hours and she didn't know why, but she'd been missing him a lot today. She opened her phone to read the message.

'53 Winter Gardens, Downtown Los Angeles, California '

and then Rorys phone vibrated in her hand, as another message came through.

'I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I love you xx'

Confused by this, Rory tried to call Logans number. But there was no reply.