Part 15 - 2 weeks later

Odette lay wide awake. She hadn't slept at all since the miscarriage and everything that had happened. In fact, come to think of it, she hadn't slept since she found out she was pregnant. First it was excitement and then dread and now every time she started to drift off to sleep she would suddenly remember everything that was happening and she would scream out. Well, initially, she'd scream out loud, but now for fear of waking Logan, her screaming had become internal.

Although, she didn't know why she bothered trying not to wake up Logan. She could tell he was barely sleeping either. He was constantly rolling over and looking at his phone. Odette assumed he was waiting on texts from Rory. She didn't know why though. Every time she glanced over his shoulder the screen was blank.

Anyway, tonight Odette just lay there. She'd rolled onto her side as if in a sleeping position, but she was wide awake, plauged by the thoughts she'd had every night. Tonight she was trying to figure out the times, in the weeks and months leading up to their wedding, when he could have been seeing Rory. So far, she had only figured out one or two, but she knew there had to be more. After all, they had managed to concieve a baby and Odette of all people knew that that was no mean feat!

'Mmm... baby! No! Stars Hollow! Heathrow! Mom' she heard Logan call out next to her. Whenever he did eventually drift off at night, he would always shout out random words like this. She wondered if even he knew that he did it.

Odette noticed that Logan was laid flat on his back, with one hand on his stomach and clutching his phone. He always fell asleep like that these days. 'Shhh' she said and rolled him over onto his side, so that he was facing away from her.

She waited a couple of minutes, watching Logans body vibrate slowly and his breaths get shallower and deeper. Eventually, she heard him begin to snore and she was left alone with her thoughts again. But this time, they were much darker than just trying to figure out the logistics of what had gone on between Logan and Rory.

How she'd so wanted that little baby. Before she'd got pregnant she'd known that she'd have to do it. As Logans wife, she have to provide him with an heir. But as the months went on, she became obsessed by pregnancy. She spent most of her time reading blogs, monitoring her diet and peeing on sticks. She'd spent so much time peeing on sticks! She had managed to track her ovulation right down to almost the nearest minute. And heck it was a challenge to make sure that Logan was around just at the right moment! The thought of getting pregnant had begun to consume every minute and every second. She had to admit, she had almost become crazed with the idea of having a baby.

From the moment that she found out she was pregnant, she was preparing herself mentally to have a child. She'd become even stricter on her diet and was exercising every day - but only for half an hour though, she didn't want to strain herself too much or do anything to harm the baby.

But despite her best efforts to get pregnant and her deep hankering to become a mother, it had still happened to her. She'd only had three short weeks of that bliss that she'd longed for so long to have. She'd barely even had the chance to share that with her husband, before it had been ripped away from her.

Suddenly, Odettes chest begun to get tighter and she found herself struggling to breath. She knew she was having a panic attack, she had them most nights. She propped herself up on her elbows and started to practice the breathing techniques she'd been learning. Deep breath in two, three, deep breath out two, three.

When Odettes breathing had returned to a somewhat normal pace, she swivelled her legs around to the side of the bed. She needed water. She stood up slowly, grabbing one of Logans shirts from the bedroom floor and wrapping it around her. As she walked past Logans side of the bed to get to the en suite, he reached and arm out towards her 'mmmm...' he mumbled.
'Shhh' she said. She knew it wasn't her he wanted really.

Odette stood with her back to the bathroom sink, propping her self up with her left hand. Her right hand was holding onto the plastic cup. Although, she could tell she was still shaking from the panic attack, as water was sloshing everywhere.

As she stood there, she begun to think about Rory Gilmore, the woman her husband had cheated on her with. And then she came to a stark realisation. This was all her fault. The reason she'd lost the baby was because she was so stressed about Logan and the whole scandal with Rory. It was Rorys fault Odette had lost the baby. It was about time she paid.

Odette turned to face the mirror and put the cup on the surface in front of her. She took a deep breath in and wiped away the tears that she'd hardly realised were streaming down her face. And that was where she made the decision. It was about time she visited...what was that charming little town that Rory lived in called again? Stars Hollow. It was about time she visited Stars Hollow.