Part 86

Walter had told Logan that it was important he and Rory sat together in court, to show a united front. But, it was tearing Logan to peices.

Now, he was sat next to the woman he'd been in love with for almost two decades, their knees almost touching. It was taking every inch of him not to reach out and grab Rorys hand. But, he knew that wouldn't be appropriate.

These last few weeks, Logan had been trying his hardest to keep his distance and give Rory her space, both physically and emotionally. But it was killing him inside. So, Logan kept his hands firmly in his lap, clasping them together, so as not to subconsciously reach out and touch her.

**

When Logan had suggested the two of them sit together in court, Rory had known that this would be the most challenging moment since their split. She so desperately wanted him to reach out and hold her hand. Yeah, her mom and Luke had been great, but it felt strange not to have the support of the man she'd been in love with for so many years.

Rory had already been sat down when Logan had arrived in court. When he'd taken his seat next to her, she'd felt his leg brush awkwardly against hers. For a split second it had sent her heart racing again, in the way it did every time he touched her. But then, as quick as they'd touched, Logan had pulled his leg away. Just as quick as her heart had started racing, it suddenly stopped and broke, once again, into a million peices.

"All rise!"

As they both stood up to see the judge enter the court, Rory caught a glimpse of Logans face out of the corner of her eye. He didn't say or do anything, but she could have sworn she saw the smallest of tears rolling down his cheek.

As they took their seats once again, Rory tried to do everything she could not to reach out and grab Logans hand. She clasped both of her hands firmly between her legs, not trusting her own instincts.

As Rory took a deep breath in, to prepare herself for what was about to happen, she heard Logan do the same. He must just be nervous about the case. Surely he couldn't be thinking of her as much as she was thinking of him.