A new bookstore

Ginny described herself as a 'normal girl', thank you very much. Her family may have some financial problems, and she may need to buy second-hand clothes. She may also have spent more time around her brothers, and her interactions with other girls her age it's almost none. Except maybe her neighbour, the Lovegood girl, but she had hardly seen her. Neither her cousin could be counted, she doesn't get along with her, so Ginny pretends she doesn't exist. Still, Ginny described herself as normal.

And as a normal girl of 11 years old, she has a crush. Harry Potter, the enigmatic Boy-Who-live. She grew up knowing his tragic story. She has dreamed that he may have grown up as a caring and brave boy, searching to become the hero he was destined to be. A great surprise happened when she got a picture in the Daily Prophet of the boy, now named Harry Suzuki.

Her mind and heart were conflicted. He was handsome, with a beautiful smile, and with those emerald eyes that made her melt. But, he decided to use a last name that was not Potter. She thought he would use the last name out of respect for his late parents. Still, she could also think that, for the same reason, he decided to use the last name of his new parents.

Speaking of his parents, they were also in the same picture, and she thought that Harry's mother may be an angel, that was only missing her wings. She remembered their encounter in the train station. Even there she looked astonishing. The only thing she could not understand was how that beautiful woman ended up marrying a man so... normal. The man did not look bad, but neither was handsome. It was, maybe, his personality.

When her brothers came back from school, she was even more confused about the Boy-Who-Live. Ron is the brother to whom, for a long shot, she feels more connected. There is only one year of difference between them, and he has become more of a friend than a brother. And at his arrival, Ron told her that Harry was a no-good. A Slytherin, a pure-blood supremacist, and a potential dark wizard, like any other Slytherin.

She felt that the image of Harry was destroyed, but then George and Fred told her that he was a wicked kid. Intelligent and a Prankster at the hearth, and overall, a good rival. They have spent almost all the summer thinking about pranks to compete with him.

Then her older brother, Percy, confuses her. He told her that Harry was intelligent, a kid who follows orders, and a future prefect. He complements Harry for helping him maintain order between the Gryffindors and the Slytherins. He admired him for having a friendship with kids from different houses early on.

Ginny now doesn't know what to think. Ron's opinion is important to her, as he is the one that is in his own year but is still Ron, so he may be jealous. The twins said that he is good, but then again, they are pranksters, and their definition of 'good' may not be the best. Then is Percy. Normally if Percy compliments someone, means that Ginny will not be close to that person. Still, it doesn't make sense that Percy and the twins think good things for the same person.

The young Weasley girl gave up and decided that she will make her own judgement when the time comes. Still, she will keep the pictures of Harry. Just in case.

Behind her bed, there is a small box she used to store some things she felt that is precious to her. A snitch that her brother Charlie gave to her, A part of a parchment signed by 'The weird sisters', and now Harry's picture. After she stored the picture, she went down to have breakfast.

The whole Weasley family is having breakfast. It is a normal occurrence in summer. Arthur Weasley, the father of the family, has worked extra time but he always tries to have time for his family, especially in summer.

In the middle of breakfast Errol, the family's owl arrived with the letters from Hogwarts. Giving them the list of books, they need to buy. Ginny was happy and worried. She was expecting this day when she will go to Diagon Alley to buy her books, Her first step as a Hogwarts student, but she knows about the tight budget she will need to work on. The worst is that some books are expensive.