During Jean's Surprise (2)

I don't actually remember why I cut this out. 

•••••

  "Grace me with another shot, Master Diluc!" A very tipsy Venti shouts from the counter of Angel's share. The bard was barely even able to hold his head up.

"Sure, but starting now it will all go to your tab." Diluc sighed, grabbing a bottle of wine and pouring it on a shot glass.

Giving the venue to the Knights was one thing. The fact that it was for Jean made him a bit more negotiable. But he was starting to regret promising free drinks for the occasion. And the bard wasn't his only problem.

"If we're here as a break. There's nothing else better than a glass of wine. Isn't there?" Kaeya sang as raised his glass towards his brother.

"Oi. Wasn't this supposed to be Jean's break? Not yours!" Paimon furrowed her eyebrows as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I think you're actually happy everyone is focused on drinking, Paimon." The traveler laughed. "Because now you have the food all to yourself."

"Haah?! I don't know what you mean!" Paimon growled. Her cheeks now puff as she continues stuffing her mouth with food.

"What about you, (Y/N)?" Not gonna drink?" They asked.

You looked up towards them. The conversation is finally making its way towards you. You smiled politely and shook your head.

" N-no, I'm fine. Besides, it'll be bad if we both get drunk." You chuckle. Moving your gaze towards Amber who sat next to you.

Everyone at the table looked over to her. The Outrider stared intensely at the food she had on her plate. As she chewed, her expression quivered, almost as if she was going to burst into tears.

"Uhm... Amber? Are you okay?" Paimon floated down to her eye level.

"It's so unfair..." Amber whined. "W-why is Traveler good at cooking too?!"

Everyone was caught off guard by the Outrider's sudden tangent. Amber gave herself another spoonful, she disdainfully relished and enjoyed the flavor.

"I blame Kaeya." You said, giving the Cavalry Captain a side glance. He was responsible for having everyone drink Alcohol.

"I swear! I won't lose next time!" She pouted.

"Come now, Amber. (Y/N) already has most of what you cooked on his plate. Aren't you so lucky?" Lisa giggled, resting her head on her hand.

You flinched. Never expecting anyone to notice. It wasn't because you thought it was bad. Rather, you just wanted to eat what your girlfriend made rather than anything else.

"Ah! That's not good, (Y/N)!" Amber frowned as she put a hand on your arm., Your stomach is going to have a swirl reaction later! "

"There's no way that will happen!" You pat her head. "Besides you told me you improved, remember? Your cooking is delicious!"

Amber stared at your eyes as if trying to pry open your true feelings. You just smile softly at her before she gives up and groans into your arm.

"Fufu~ Thank you for the meal." Lisa smiled as both her hands were now supporting her head as she stared intently at the two of you.

"Lisa, aren't you going to eat?" Traveler asked the librarian.

"No... This is enough for me." She answered not taking her eyes off her ship.

The bar had no signs of quieting down as the night went on. As the drinking and merriment prospered, the drunkard's drinking, the Paimons eating, the surprise party everyone set up for Jean was safe to say, a success. But as the Traveler looked around, they noticed that the main attendant was nowhere to be seen. They and their floating companion get up from their seat to find her.

"Alright! We still have more alcohol, let's drink till everyone drops!" Kaeya smirks.

"Woooh!" Venti cheers from the counter. His sudden movement of his arms hit an empty bottle that was standing near him and it fell to the ground and shattered.

"That's it. I'm cutting everyone off." Diluc sighed, grabbing every single bottle away from Kaeya. He calls in a worker to clean up the broken glass, taking the bard by the cape to keep him away from the shards.

"Aw. Dear brother, why must you be such a party pooper." Kaeya sighed disappointingly. Despite being the one

"I have no objections." You chuckled, looking back to Amber who had napped on the table. Barbara by her side with a few glasses of water for everyone.

"Heh, It feels like I'm gliding..." Amber whispers drunkenly. She suddenly gags but manages to swallow whatever it is that climbed up. You sighed with a smile, rubbing her back.

"We should... Probably go on ahead. I'm gonna take her home." You tell everyone else. Venti was too drunk to reply, Diluc and Kaeya just nodded, while Lisa smiled enthusiastically.

"I'll tell big sister and Traveler for you." Barbara smiled.

"Thanks. Come on, Amber. Let's go home." You tapped her to get her to wake up. She groans as she raises her head up. Losing the battle against an invisible weight, her head begins to tilt over, fortunately you were there so she didn't fall on the floor.

"I don't think she can walk..." Lisa gave a worrying look, though her hand on her mouth still failed to hide a mischievous smirk. "(Y/N), you might as well just carry her."

"Carry?" You repeated in disbelief, looking at the witch and then back down to Amber.

"Hehe...Like a princess?" Amber's eyes were half open.

•••••

Paimon had suddenly burst into a small giggle, causing Jean and Traveler's conversation on Angel Share's balcony to get interrupted. The two looked quizzically at the floating girl. Paimon only pointed down to the road in response to the two of them. The two also falling into a laugh.

"My my, those two are at it again." Paimon sighed and shook her head.

You walked through the late night roads of the city. Amber on your back as you carried her home. It was too much for you to bridal carry her all the way back, so you settled for a piggyback. You hold on carefully around her legs, Amber's soft snores as she drifts into a drunk haze. Her head resting on your shoulder and her hands draped around you.

Amber blinks. Staring at you most of the way. She falls into a soft giggle, and her arms hug you. Her face nuzzles into the side of your head. Giving you a peck on the back of your ear.

"Hehe, I wuv you..." She whispers.

"I know. I know." You held back a smile as you kept walking. You thank the night's dimness as even if someone had passed by. They wouldn't notice how red your face was.