Drinking With The Boys

"Welcome! What can I get you?" Charles the bartender of Angel's Share greeted as you entered the tavern door.

      You shake your head to decline. "Oh I'm not here for a drink. I was sent here since the bar's hasn't filed its tax return yet."

      You set down a small document handed to you by the Acting Grandmaster. The Bartender sighs as he takes it to be handled.

       "Hmm I didn't expect the Outrider to be the one following us up on that."

       "Well the knights are undermanned as usual." You scratch your head and chuckled. You were about to turn around and leave when someone walked up to you.

        "I see you're back to work. It's fortunate to see your still alive I guess." Master Diluc crossed his arms and nodded.

        "Oh yeah. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused. And for attempting to use your delusion..." You bowed apologetically.

          "It's fine." He sighed. "Being young and inexperienced, that might have been your best bet. Just remember that next time you might not be so fortunate."

            "W-will do..."

             "Enough about that." Diluc went to the counter, he bent down to grab something. "Though that was kind of your fault, I still hold a bit of responsibility. So accept this as my reimbursement, on the house."

           "Ah, no it's fine you don't have to—"

         Thud. You were cut off by the loud sound it made when Master Diluc placed a crate on top of the counter. It was full of about 9 bottles of alcohol, each bottle seemed to be in different color.

          This would grab the attention of the Angel Share patrons, as early as it was, they seemed envious of the cider that was being given away. There was pressure, as if turning it down would bring you the wrath and disappointment of these drunkards. Its as if even Barbatos was looking at you with envy right now. Oh hey, that green Bard is here looking at you too...

         "T-thank you, I'll gladly accept this." You grabbed the crate. It was heavy but you made the effort to carry it out of there quickly.

         ••••

        "What am I supposed to do with all of these?" You nervously looked at the bottles. As though you could drink, you weren't as avid as the average Mondstadt citizen when it comes to alcohol.

        You suddenly felt an arm wrap by your shoulder.
"Hello (Y/N), fancy meeting you here. Oh my, that's a nice crate of wine you have there..."

         "Ah, Captain Kaeya, I somehow knew you would show up."

        "My my, whatever could you mean? This is nothing more than a coincidence." The Calvary Captain smiled innocently, though his eye craved the things that were in your possession.

        If in Liyue the walls have ears, in Mondstadt, the walls have noses, particularly sensitive to the smell of alcohol.

      " (Y/N)! How are you buddy? Good to see your still alive." Lawrence's friendliness came seeping through.

"Ah how's your health (Y/N)?" Huffman waved.

"Man, since you joined the Outrider division we haven't hanged out at all have we?" Guy snapped his fingers.

When did I get so popular? You laugh at yourself as you get crowded by your coworkers. Though I guess it's not so bad. It's not like you could drink all of this anyway...