Sleeping Over At The Parent's

"Hey dad..." You called out from the door of your old room.

     "(Y/N). What's wrong?"

     "Where is my bed?" You looked back sr the almost empty room. A large portion of space where your bed used to be is now clear.

      "Ohh. Well your sibling asked for it since they wanted a bigger one." Your father casually explained. He brought a roll of futons and gave it to you. "You and Amber can use these."

      "—Then make them a new one! Why the heck did you give them mine?"

     "Maybe if someone visited more often it wouldn't be wasted by sitting in a room building up dust." A sarcastic remark from your mother as she passed by.

      Your father snickered. "You know, if a hilichurl attack was what it took for you to come by again I'm sure she'd have lured them here herself."

      "Ugh don't be like that." You groaned as you prepared the futon. "I could have had a heart attack with how worried I was."

     Your father's teasing smiled softened up as he noogied your head. "Well now, yoh don't have to worry. Your old man's unbeatable!"

   "And.. at the moment you should be more worried about something else." A knowing smirk came on his face.

     "Huh?" You looked at him confused. His eyes seemed to be fixated on the sheets your fixing.

     It was a rather big futon. He had also brought in two pillows which was just... Enough for... You and Amber.

     "Wait holy shit I just realized we're gonna be sleeping next to each other." Your heart rate increased tenfold. "Same surface level?

      A hand on your shoulder brings you out of your mental panic. Your father giving you a chuckle before a offhand comment.

     " Well the walls in this house are pretty thick, don't know about the soundproofing though." And with that he left.

      "I'm not gonna do anything!" You irritably yelled.

        •••••

        "Hah, the water was nice and warm." Amber sighed in bliss as she entered the room after the bath. She was already in her sleeping wear.

     "Woah this is your room, huh? It's pretty spacious." She laughed at the lack of... Anything for the matter.

      "Well I did end up bringing everything with me to Mondstadt. Well besides some stuff I had as a kid."

       You sat at what you chose to be your side of the futon in a formal kneeling position. You only looked at her as she fixed around her bags of her things.

      I'm going to be sleeping next to my girlfriend for the first time ... My parents are in the room over... My feelings are very conflicted right now.

     An attempt at a fake yawn turned into a real one. You glanced at Amber once again who went to her side of the futon. She was fixing her hair when she glanced at you and shared your gaze. She smiles.

     It feels like I'm violating some kind of law even though I'm not.

      "So uhm... I'll turn off the lights so we can head to bed." You suggested.

       Amber nods. "Sure go ahead."

       You got up and turned them off. The walk back to the futon already needed everything from you. Overwhelmed by a shameful nerve-wracking excitement.