What a Bunch of Newlyweds

As the sun rays hit the window into Amber's eyes. She squinted her eyes and groaned. Changing her position to face away from the window, she turned to the other side to face you. She took a few moments to stare at you peacefully snoring before she had to wake you up.

"Hey, (Y/N)... Its time... To get up..." She spoke in a soft voice.

Your eyes opened slightly to your girlfriend patting your arm. Her gold eyes being the first thing you see, you don't move your gaze at all.

"Come on." Amber nodded her head.

You still didn't say anything. Instead, you leaned over and took her lips for a second before wrapping your arms around her.

"... Five more minutes." You softly muttered before drifting back to sleep.

" Come on..." Amber tried to shake you away. "We're... Going To... Be... Late..."

She didn't really put a lot in her attempts to protest. Her voice slowly going softer, her pushes barely could move anything her head slowly going next to yours before her eyes eventually gave in.

•••••

"Good morning, Jean!" Lisa waved as she passed by the Acting Grandmaster on her way to the library.

"Good morning. Work hard today too..." Jean replied. She seemed to be standing in wait in the entrance.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Lisa asked curiously.

"Yes, I had finished briefing the knights but it seems like our Outriders are unusually tardy today..."

"Ara? The two of them? Hmm I wonder what they're up to." Lisa placed a hand on her cheek with a grin.

"... I'm sure it's nothing like what you're imagining." Jean shot a glance at the Librarian, a small shade of pink appearing on her cheeks.

It wasn't long till they saw the two of you finally arrived. Panicked and in a hurry as you ran up the stairs to get to the KoF headquarters. Jean stood arms crossed when you entered, making the two outriders freeze and stand straight.

"S-sorry... We overslept." Amber nervously said.

There was silence for a few seconds before Jean sighed in disappointment while Lisa just giggled.

"Well, since this isn't a first: I'll let the both of you off the hook. Just don't make a habit out of it." Jean explained. Though she had to restrain a small arc forming on the edge of her lips. "You may go."

You and Amber salute sheepishly before turning around to do your duties.

Amber looked at you and pouted. In a whispering shout "Geez, it's because you wouldn't wake up when I told you too!"

"Sorry sorry." You chuckled. "It's just pretty hard to get up when I wake up next to you."

Amber's face flushes. "If you keep that up we'll be scolded for real. Think about the time!"

"Yeah... I'll try not to hug you in bed so much." You sighed.

"... Well I didn't mean it like that..." Amber turned away from you. Knowing that after saying that you would just smirk at her.