Moving In

"Come on in! Make yourself at home!" Amber opens the door for you as you drag in most of your stuff into her apartment.

"I'm really grateful for this, Amber. I just don't become a bother."

You were already kind of familiar with Amber's apartment. You practically knew where most things were. Yet the thought of you starting to live in it somehow gives the place an entirely new feeling.

"Hey come on." Amber turns to you. "...As your girlfriend it would bother me more if you stayed at someone else's place for the night."

Cute.

"...Yes thank you very much for everything." You bowed to her. She laughs at your formality before playfully hitting you on the elbow.

"I chose a bigger apartment in the first place. But I don't really spend so much time in here that it ended up feeling really empty. So just place your stuff anywhere!" She gave a thumbs up.

"Even if you say that..." You chuckle.

The apartment had one of those hallway cabinets. It was pretty empty and was just used as a storage for her spare bows. But she insisted you use that instead as she transferred her stuff to a secluded corner in the living room.

You started with folding or hanging some of your clothes on it. That was what most of your baggage was anyway, the rest were the random things that could be placed anywhere they decided to put as they go. You took the box where you stored some of your precious memories and hid it inside with your clothes as well.

As you were neatly putting up your uniforms Amber went to find another box that had clothes on it. You weren't looking but from sound alone you could hear how she opens one and then instantly closes it back. You turn to look quizzically at her, coming over to see what was inside. It was your underwear.

Shiiiitttt now that you mention it they had to pack these too! Archons that's actually pretty embarrassing.

••••

It took some time but you finally managed to unpack all of your things.

"Wow that took longer than expected." Amber looked up at a clock on the wall seeing how close it was to midnight.

"You did end up messing around when you found some of the albums I had." You sighed.

"Oh come on, I couldn't help it! You were such a cute kid!" Amber squealed. You scratched the back of your head a bit embarrassed.

You sat on the sofa, resting for a bit, you did have such a busy week. From a dragon attack, a week long scouting expedition, the trip back home, and then seeing your apartment all destroyed...

Amber silently sits next to you. She then leans over, wrapping her arms around yours before squishing her cheeks on your shoulder.

...Yet somehow this trial before you seems to be the mosts tribulating of them all. Not that her casual affection was unwelcome, rather it felt so nice that you had to fight the slight thought of just taking her right now.

The two of you sat there in silence. You were already tired, if ever you even needed an excuse, so you leaned over to her as well. If it weren't for the wall clock ticking every second, you would have believed that time somehow slowed down. You turned your head slightly to kiss her head and you could hear a faint giggle from her.