Gliding Together

"Here you go, (Y/N). Congratulations!" The gliding instructor handed you a small card. It had a picture and my name on it with the words "Gliding License." Engraved at the very top in bold calligraphy.

      "Woah, this is great! Thank you!" You gratefully accepted it. After a few weekly lessons you managed to ace the exam and now you finally have a license.

You never actually thought about gliding that much, and with Amber's recommendation, finally decided to get one. Although you'll probably only use the glider to save your skin from high places rather than to go around the city with it.

Well  your first encounter with one wasn't too great, especially since—

"Wahh! Look out!" You hear the urgent warnings of someone from above me. Quickly side stepping away from your position to see the Outrider land on her feet and stumble a bit.

...Especially since this keeps happening.

"Whew, that was close! Hey (Y/N)!" Amber greeted cheerfully.

"Hey, I see you're dropping in as usual.. What's up? Besides you just a moment ago."

"Well I heard you got your gliding license so I came over to congratulate you!" Amber swayed around all giddy as she talked.

      "Oh thanks... It was nothing. Honestly with how you crash so much I thought maneuvering around would be much harder."

      "Hey! Don't underestimate me! Its just because I pull off more advanced tech that I'm more prone to failing. I could easily best everyone in Mondstadt when it comes to gliding."  She proudly says as she crosses her arms.

        "Rrriiight..." You teasingly smirk at her.

        "H-hey! I'll have you know that I'm Mondstadt's reigning Gliding Champion!"

      "Oh is that right." You continue on a look of disbelief. Though it's not like you don't believe her, especially with how much she goes around and mentions that... But look at her!

        Her eyebrows curve as she pouts. "Alright then! Master Jean just gave me an order to scout a Hilichurl camp that was set up near the city, how about we get there through gliding."

         "Oh we're already in Outrider training mode? Alright, let's go!"

      You walk pass her to head to the stairway But was stopped by her hand pulling arm, you looked back at her confused.

      "Hehe... Not that way, (Y/N)..." Amber has an excited smirk on her face.

      "Huh? But that's where the city gates are—" You were then pulled away as she led me deeper, and higher into the city.

        Arriving at the high plaza of Mondstadt where a big statue of the Anemo Archon Barbatos stood tall, the jingles and hymns played and sang by a bard in green gives you a peaceful and safe feeling...

And then for it to be thrown away as you notice Amber eyeing Wolvendom, which was across the big lake that surrounded the city of Mondstadt.

"Alright, we should be able to make it there if we glide! Plus it's faster than if we went the long way and walked!"

"Wait— We're going through.." You point over to Wolvendom as well in disbelief. You looked down at the clear blue lake, wondering how deep it was.

"What's the matter (Y/N)?" Amber asked.

"Well you know... I never said that I would be—"