Taking The Fall

"Amber!" You shouted. Trying to kick yourself back up but to only trip over yourself.

     Amber screamed as she felt the ground below her drop. Her hand reaching up to grab something but there was nothing there. She didn't have a glider on her. All she could anticipate now... Was to plummet.

     Facing up towards the starry sky. It doesn't fully process in her head. As the broken edge of the cliff began to get farther and farther....

      Then someone leaped.

      You jumped down right after her. Desperation in your eyes as you dived down towards her, hands extended down so you'd fall and catch up to her quicker. Amber's eye's furrowed, her hands quickly reaching for you. And you managed to get to her, wrapping your arms around her. You let out your glider, quickly decelerating both of your fall.

     But its not like that was enough to save her. A glider, was mean to glide. If anything, it was to fall with style. You weren't flying, you couldn't carry her back up. And it was designed for only one person. As you held on to Amber tightly, your descent was quicker than normal. The sound of giant splashes are heard as the broken cliff edges fell into the water. You were already close to it, you could just swim to safety but... Something about this place is screaming you shouldn't...

     This place was... A giant lake. There was no place for you to land safely. Could you manage to land safely somewhere? Anywhere.

      "I took jump to save her but..." You started to panic. "If only there was... A little more wind!"

     The melody of a wind chime...

     In your ears, a soft and quick tune began to play. It was as if someone was beside you, carefully playing a lyre. Their fingers strummed a sonata. And the wind began to pick up.

    Though your eyes were still preoccupied by the ever so nearing waters. Amber, who was facing the other opposite noticed something. In your pocket something began to light. Slowly it flickered, the wind got stronger. A luminous green overwhelmed your body. This phenomenon... It was similar to something she herself had experienced too!

     "(Y/N)..." Amber whispered. "It's a vision..."

      A gale began to pick up from below. Your glider cups up as it gets hit by the wind. Your direction began to stop going down, you were rising back up. You looked around, still confused. Holding on to Amber tightly, hope rising in your guts.

     You still needed to land somehow. As you hovered safely mid air, it gave you a less stressful time trying to check your surroundings. Now that you look closer, as small waves go around the lake you notice something in the middle of the body of water. It seemed like there was a platform.

      You quickly glided down towards it. It was a neatly square floor. Seeing a few broken pillars around you assumed that there may have been something of a temple here. Finally getting to it, your legs landing on a hard surface confirming it was safe for now. You carefully let Amber down...

       "Hey... You okay?" You worriedly put both your hands on the side of her face.

       With quivering lips Amber nodded. You sighed in relief as you hugged her. Reaching down to your pocket, you took out the small glowing stone that appeared in your possession. The symbol of Anemo shining through as it flickered green. You held it tight in your hand, thanking the Anemo Archon for saving you.

      Amber held your hands together with your newly acquired vision. She smiled softly at you.

      The moment was disturber however. As footsteps were heard in the water. Small splashes that were gradually getting closer, and gradually multiplying.  The two of you looked around, and suddenly you were surrounded. Animals, no it was water that was in the shape of animals. From all sides they came to approach.