First Day Together

Your eyes are forced shut as a big yawn escapes your mouth. You quickly move to cover your mouth and then rubbed your eyes trying to get yourself awake.

Yesterday was... crazy to say the least. That was way too much development for your heart to handle. When it all finally managed to hit you, it was already midnight as you laid in your bed, your head was filled with disbelief and excitement.

So... Me and Amber are... dating now.

Your covered your face as you felt the incoming redness. A groan of enthusiasm and cringe comes over you. If anyone were to see you right now, you'd look like a teenage girl after being confessed to.

As you leave the residential area of Mondstadt there was a set of stairs that would take you higher in to the city. Someone stood by the foot of the stairs, you catch eye contact with them which was equivalent to getting a strong slap in the face to fully awaken you.

"(Y/N)!" Amber waved hello.

"Oh morning! That's new, you usually would get to work earlier than me." You waved back.

"Hehe... well." She rubs the back of her head before standing right next to you. Her head lowers down trying to hide a blush. "I wanted to wait for you so we could walk together."

You fight the urge to fall into your knees by that comment, biting the inside of your mouth as you uncontrollably smiled.

Holy shit is it just me or is she even cuter than usual?? Oh my archons this is my girlfriend now? What in the word did I do deserve this?

Your legs moved in sync as you both climbed the stairs together. It was different than usual, usually you would just be following behind her but now she stood next to you. Close enough that as you walked your hand would occasionally brush against each other.

Her hand...!

You slightly turn your head to her, probably having an internal monologue herself. Your eyes travel down to her arm as you look at her hand naturally swaying around as she takes the next step. It would be.... 100% normal to hold her hand now right?

As much as you'd want to hug your cute new girlfriend the entire day, there's still a sense of professionalism that should be observed during your time working. She still is your senior....

But right now, you're basically just heading to work, not at work. So technically a little bit of PDA shouldn't be a problem rigghhtttt?

The two of you reach the top of the stairs and were now heading to the final set where the Headquarters would be. Time was quickly deteriorating and it was now or never-

You gather the courage and casually took her hand as she began to climb up the stairs. Amber's eyes jolt a bit with surprise but she quickly reciprocated and let her fingers intertwine between yours. You look back to see her reaction and make eye contact, she warmly smiles at you. She squeezes your hand and gets closer, almost leaning on to you. A blissful experience you wished would last forever...

...Aaand you have arrived at the Knights of Favonious Headquarters.

Hand holding time: 42 seconds.

You discretely sighed in disappointment, never thinking that the sight of the Knights of Favonious Headquarters would bring such weird feelings. You reluctantly let go of her hand, she smiled understandingly. Both of you made your way inside to start a day of Outriding.

••••

"Yesterday, I confessed to (Y/N)" Amber thought to herself. "And now we're dating... I'm his girlfriend..."