An Old Friend Shows up

Who fucking introduces a love rival at the last few chapters?

•••••

Maybe you were carried off and influenced by Amber's excitement. But the day of Outriding felt like it went by faster than the gliding champion herself. And as expected, Amber was revving up to go for some more gliding training.

"Heheh, you better prepare something good for dinner, (Y/N)! I'm going to train again until I reach my limit!" The Outrider raised her fist in the air in excitement.

"Hmm alright, maybe some vegetable soup and yogurt." You said as tried to count the ingredients needed for preparation.

"Ehh?" Amber stopped in her tracks and looked sadly at you. "T-that doesn't sound like a good meal at all! After a rough day of training, it should be lots and lots of meat!"

You snickered at her. "Okay I see, your prepared to train harder than an athlete but can't have the same diet as one."

"It's okay! I can take something healthy... Just give me an appetizing side dish at least."

You smiled and gave in to her pleas. A weird biochemical reaction through your nerves begin to surge as you felt the need to headpat. But just as you were raising your arm, someone called out to her.

"Oh Hey Amber, you're finally out huh?"

You look over to the person who was approaching. With a million dollar smile, hair that seemed like it was waxed of Slime condensate, a weird non-era-appropriate biker jacket and fingerless gloves. A traditionally handsome fellow waves a hand at Amber.

"Hm oh hey Troy!" Amber waved back.

"Took you awhile to come, so I decided to check. I guess the KoF gave you a lot work to do, being the only Outrider left and all that." He clicked his tongue and shook his head. And promptly brushed a hand up to his hair.

"What not at all, sorry for making you wait." Amber apologetically said. "Uhm, also (Y/N) here, is an Outrider too, he joined in for quite some time now."

The dude's eyes flicker to your direction for a moment. He flinches as if he just noticed you were there.

"Oh is that so?"

"(Y/N)! This is who I mentioned earlier. Adolf Troy was an Outrider back a few years ago when my old man was in charge. He's in Mondstadt for the gliding championship!"

"Yeah shame he had went and disappeared on you. I had to move to Liyue to find another job." Troy frowned and nodded. "So uh, you holding her up because you needed some tips? I'm an experienced Outrider I can help."

"What, no?" You furrowed your eyebrows. First impressions shouldn't be what you base on a character. But right now you find it hard to get a different opinion of him.

"We were just talking about what to have for dinner" Amber giggled, scratching the back of her head.

"Hm? Ah well I guess it's respect to take your senior to a meal once in awhile." He crossed his arms.

"Well... Rather than that. We're actually dating." Amber leaned her head onto your arm. This action made you smile as it raised your confidence a bit.

"... Eh?" Troy tilted his head. He looked back at Amber and snickered. "Oh geez, you should know how many hearts you just broke."

Amber laughs it off. "Oh come on, I'm not popular."

"No come on. Everyone in the Amber fan club would be crying now." He continued laughing

"... Amber fan club." She repeated the name a bit weirded out. "Come on Troy, there's no way."

"Honestly, you're a bright and funny girl. A lot of guys like you you know?" He then leaned in closer and winked. "... That includes me of course."