Family Visit

The Calvary Captain, Kaeya, stood watch as the knights readied a pair of horses. Carrying a few barrels rations as they readied to head out. The Acting grandmaster and Amber came by to check it out.

     "Is everything ready,  Kaeya?" Jean asked.

      "Yep, I'll send some men there for the meantime but I'll catch up later." Kaeya answered.

        "Did something happen?" Amber asked.

       Jean frowned. "We recieved a call for help from a remote village. Apparently they were attacked by hilichurls and are asking for aid."

       "Hilichurls? Don't they usually stay away from villages and cities? They don't usually just... Attack like that." Amber scratched her head confused..

       "Exactly... They had to have a reason to attack." Jean nodded.

       "... That's what I want to find out." Kaeya added in a low voice.

      As the knights were finishing up, there was someone running over in panic. An anxious glare in their eyes as they stopped and panted.

    " Captain Kaeya.. Please..." You forcefully muttered between breathes.

    " Eh, (Y/N)?! What's wrong." Amber concerningly ran to your side.

     You only spared a glance at her before going back to plead with the Calvary Captain.

      "... Let me join you... I need to go there..."

      "Hm? Why?" Kaeya stared quizzically at you.

       "That village... Is where my family lives."

        •••••

        You ran through the familiar dirt road, sparing not a single second to get to your destination. Your anxiety rose with each step you took. The sight of burned down plants, broken fences, and  empty streets were dreadful. And a thick smoke coming round the house as you turned a corner.

     You stopped at the entry way, body still shaking. You were afraid of what sight might be coming to behold...

      "Oh (Y/N)? Geez, you really can't be bothered to write beforehand if you visit?" You see your mom standing in the porch next to a small fire, cooking.

      "W-W-what happened?" You asked.

       "Hm oh it's nothing. They had a sale at the marketplace and well, barbecue for dinner every once in awhile isn't so bad."

      "... What about the attack? Didn't the village call for help?"

      "Oh yeah, this village is full of ruffians I tell you. Everyone became over enthusiastic with the attack and probably caused more damage to the village trying to defend it."

       "Bro, you should have seen it!" Your sibling excitedly yelled. "A few of them came running over so I lit the bushes ob fire to make... A firewall." They waved their arms around to emphasize the name.

        "..." You stared dumbfoundedly at your family as you felt everything from your breathing to blood pressure drop."... I think I'll just faint now."

       "Come on now, don't be so overdramatic!" Your father laughed and patted you on the back. "As long as I'm here, the village people are safe."

       "Yeah sure... Sorry for being concerned I guess." You groaned, you almost felt tears in your eye but letting them out would just further the embarresment you feel right now.