Chapter 29 B

We went downstairs and I was once reminded again about the reason I was here. My eyes found Jake and Marcus in the group of guys gathering around me. My eyes found Kadens searching for answers. His eyes held realization when he looked at me again. He knew as well now.
I just wanted to enjoy a moment of him before I lose him again.
I walked towards Marcus and hugged him. "Hi- have we met before" I chuckled along with my own joke. He continued my joke and replied "No princess, I'm certain we haven't. Let me introduce myself. Prince charming at your service" He bowed and kissed my hand.
The others around shared a few glances before realizing our bad humor. Jake kept his distance from me and I certainly knew why. I chuckled and walked towards him. He moved slightly. I greeted him and he calmed a bit.
The others glanced at me and I watched them carefully. I greeted them "Are you done staring or do you need a picture?" I chuckled before continuing my sentence "I'm just joking. I'm Heather, nice to meet y'all".
The guys glanced around with a smile and greeted me. Many of them greeted me kindly and a few of them seemed suspicious of me. I understood them. If Jakes's saying was true and that they were a gang. One of the most powerful gangs so far. Then I stood talking with some very dangerous guys. Something about that should bother me. I should not be calm like this. It seemed wrong. But it felt right.
We had gathered around and the others sat playing video games while I sat fidgeting with my phone case. Marcus grabbed my hand and I glanced at him. He brushed my hand softly. A small smile played on his lips, his eyes calmed me down as he handed me his controller. A smile found my face and the others started the game mumbling something about it wasn't fair for me.
They played a multiplayer game. Quite realistic. It consisted of two teams, a terrorist team and a counterterrorist. A game I was familiar with. The guys in my friend group had taught me how to play it. After a few days I started to improve a lot.
I walked around the map. I hadn't played this one before. This map had empty containers stacked on one another where an opponent easily could hide. I walked carefully around exploring the map, making sure not to make enough sound for the others to notice me.
I walked around a corner and there stood Jake aiming at me. He quickly shot, but I crouched and shot at his head. One down three to go. We weren't a full team and my teammates had already died. So I had to ace it for us to win.
Jake quickly called out where my latest location had been. I chuckled and ran towards the nearest container. I heard footsteps before it got silent. I waited for them to pass by and then went behind them and used my pistol to shoot them.
"No way. She is cheating" One of the guys complained. I think his name was Bradley. I'm not certain. I heard whom I assumed was named Bradley gave my call outs to the last guy. I walked around to another placement, the last person had the name Kyle.
He told the others that he had it all under control. I heard him walk around careless as if he was going to kill me. I chuckled and Marcus told him to be quiet if he wanted to stand a chance. I jumped down in front of Kyle from the container I found out that you could climb up on. My gun clicked and a bullet hit his operator in the head. Saying on top of my screen 'Headshot'. I chuckled and imitated him "I have it all under control."
Marcus laughed and grabbed my hand throwing it up in the air saying with a loud voice "And we have a winner". Kaden had watched us play and seemed amused that I was able to kill them all with ease.
Both of them had a moment where they complained. I wondered if they acted this way every time they lost. Perhaps they had never lost to a girl before. Could be so.
The rest of their pack mocked them for losing to me as if they were ten years old. They all acted childish and I enjoyed that they didn't mind me being here.
My thoughts went back to what Jake said this morning and my thoughts returned to their dark place. The dark place of reality. He was in a gang. Not a small group of boys pretending to play gangsters, but a real gang who was one of the most feared.
My eyes found Kadens and he felt it too. He knew the chaos that was about to arrive. I sent him a sad smile before getting up from the couch. Mouthing to Marcus 'I'm going to miss you'. I walked towards the exit as a hand grabbed my wrist.
I turned around with my eyes locked with his deep blue once before he entered a kiss. A kiss that this time might be our last. A tear left my eye as I thought about leaving him. Maybe I could learn to live with the fact he was in a gang. But if I'm right he wasn't only in the gang. He was the leader. That much I figured out when I separated his group from the little boy. He was observant and didn't attack before the opponent made a lazy attempt to catch him off guard.
His lips tasted better than ever. Maybe it was my heart telling me to stay. But my mind was in the lead at the moment and she told me to run.
I separated from the kiss one last glance at him and the guys behind me. He risked it all for a kiss. I wasn't alone with my feelings. That helped my clenching heart a little bit.
I ran down his porch to my car and drove away. I drove to the only place that always gave me peace no matter what.
The sunflower field.

——
Thank you for reading,
Remember to vote, comment and share.