Chapter 8

"I'm hot you don't need to say it twice" - my ego
———

I JUST WALKED AND WALKED. Stuck in my own thoughts. Humming 'heaven' by Julia Michaels. Slowly I began singing, instead. "No need to imagine, 'cause I know it's true. They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you" My singing voice might not be perfect. But music had always been a relaxing point for me. Whenever I was upset about anything. The sound of a melody would calm my mind.

7 years ago (third-person POV)

Heather walked inside the class; a big smile plastered on her face as she looked around. This was going to be a new start. No mean people, no people to hate, only spread lovely thoughts. But her imagination soon changed. Her head was bubbling with good thoughts, her innocent thoughts, she thought nothing could change her opinion. But sometimes life just isn't fair. As she walked inside her shoelaces were going loose, so when she took the last step inside, she stumbled. Because she was clumsy, she always had been. But she didn't care, she was like an angel sent from above. Her thoughts were always positive about everyone. Everyone needed to be loved even if they did something bad, they deserved a second chance.

But that opinion sadly changed as she got older. Her sweet and forgiving time was over, no time for an extra chance. People didn't deserve to be in her angel heart. People had picked on her, called her names, laughed, sneered, spitted. But those times was over. She wouldn't just stand and let them do what they wanted to. So, the day she turned 13, she'd promised herself, to never let anyone pick on her, or her future friends, ever again. She still had her heart of gold, even though people had been vicious towards her, she kept thinking that people could change and that everyone needed loved ones. It all was just hidden away. Because she couldn't show them any weak sides.

On her 14th birthday, a new girl started in school, she'd got Heather's interest. She went over and said her greetings, a genuine smile on her face. The girl greeted back in the same manner, and Heather knew at that moment that they would become best friends!

Aubrey and Heather have been taking the few new kids that started the past years in their group, with no regret. They had got themselves their own little squad, and they all cared for each other with their whole heart. As the years went by, people began to realize what they did. Some feared them, some adored them, and some hated them. They ruled the school, but they were not the only Ones. They needed to share that title with 1 and sooner 2 others.

Every time she was younger, music, singing always made her mood better again, it was just like magic. Heather didn't cry much, if she did, she would do it alone. But listening to music, she didn't need to cry. It followed her as she grew older, it had always helped her and probably always would help.

Present time (Heathers POV)

I thought back to when the times were easier. When you were younger exploring the world in awe, without knowing the cruel places and persons out there. Only focusing on what was happening right here and now. Everything was new and special. It was easier then. Now life was messy, hard, and not to say sometimes not worth it. But then again, when my thoughts went there, I thought about what I got in the moment. I had everything. At least everything I dreamt about as a little girl whose only friends were her family and a puppy. I have friends now. Who would do anything for me and a family who cared about me with their whole heart.

People knew me, I had a reputation. Not something to be proud of. But if I told a little me that I had friends, what people would call popularity and boys taking interest in me. She would giggle and tell me I'm silly and lying.

People weren't making fun of me anymore. Which is positive. If we're looking away from the fact a lot in the school fear me.

I wasn't in the need of the newest technology.

For me, things don't make me happy. It's more about the memories.

I tend to get so caught up in my own world. I walk and walk without focusing on anything. Not cars or buildings

There are pros and cons to that. If people I don't like talking to me, I can't hear them because I'm too occupied with my own thoughts. But the cons well they're just about to happen;

As I walked a car honk was heard so close, I thought I was going to die. But a body felt up against mine, and I got pushed away. I looked down at an unknown face.

"U-u-uh thanks" I stuttered, with a slight frown on my face. That was too close. He looked up at me with a smile on his face.

"I'm just glad that such a beautiful girl didn't get hurt." He said with ease.

I couldn't help but blush a little. He has quite a good eye. His smile grew bigger the moment his eyes caught the color of my cheeks. He offered me a hand. Which I gladly accepted. He lifted me to my feet and I brushed off the dirt.

"The name is Marcus," he said and stuck his hand out.

"Heather," I said, simply taking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Heather, but you need to be more focused on where you're going, you nearly got killed." He said. He could've let me get hit but he didn't and he didn't know me.

"Nice to meet you too, Marcus" I smiled genuinely. It felt good for once. "And thanks again," I said politely.

"Oh no worries, I just saw you not noticing the car-" He smiled. "Besides now I got to play your knight in shining armor " He laughed. I adored his free spirit. He had this energetic, jumpy but sweet personality. He seemed like the perfect friend. Someone who would always cheer you up.

But I began to laugh with him, " yeah you did, was I worth saving?" I chuckled.

"Better than what I have ever imagined, my princess" He chuckled.

I smiled "is that so charming?".

"That's so! Now may I ask for your number, princess?" He asked with his charming smile and cocky attitude.

Let alone to say, I truly loved that.

"Of course, you can be my prince in shining armor!" I laughed. I was more than happy to exchange numbers with Marcus. I looked at him, taking his phone, putting in my number. Then handed it back to him. He took my hand and kissed it, then looked up at me.

"Thanks, my princess,"

I looked him in the eyes, "no problem charming" I winked. 

———

(Edited 19-01-22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to comment, share and vote.