Chapter 1

"This has always been a motto of mine:  Attempt the IMPOSSIBLE and  in order to improve your work" - Betty Davis

<****>

As I woke up, the memory of yesterday hit me like a ball hitting the ground, hard. A light headache was coming to the front of my head. A great way to start the morning with. My eyes faltered next to me and I wondered where Aubrey went. I turned around and checked the time on my nightstand and realized how late I woke up.

7:55 am it said.

I jumped from my bed and hurried all over my room picking up some used clothes from the floor. I am normally never late for school. Just because you got a reputation doesn't mean it's true. I went to the bathroom and went through my usual routine a bit faster than normal. When I finished up, I did a last pose in the mirror, before I ran out of the bathroom.

I found my way downstairs in the search for my beloved brother Hamilton and best friend Aubrey. It was incredibly quiet when I reached the ground floor. I walked around the house checking different rooms when I decided to check the kitchen. As I entered the kitchen, snickering could be heard from our living room. I went in there and saw the two morons sitting and having a casual conversation. I tapped on the counter making their attention shift from each other to me.

"May I ask why the hell you two haven't woken me up?" They looked at each other and shook their shoulders like they didn't know nor care.

Aubrey spoke up a little afterward "Sorry, I thought you might want to sleep, we drank quite a lot yesterday and I thought you would like a day off." She said, smiling slightly. I looked at her with an accepting glance.

"Okay, but you know how important school is for me. So, what are you waiting for? Let's go" I hushed her. She chuckled and got up from the couch; "Sure let's heath to school". She'd joked with one of her most lame jokes. I chuckled and went for my car keys as I said my goodbyes to my brother before he took off to college.

Hamilton, my older brother. A nearly straight-A student, but the biggest softy I know. He's tough whenever he wants to be and sure knows to mention that he's two years older than me quite often. Girls often tend to swoon over him, because his ocean blue eyes with the brown hair are memorizing or something close to that. I tend to stop listening after they said two words about him. That is if they actually dared to talk to me.

As we reached and entered school, late sadly. We received a few glances from our typical queen bees. Our translation for them is 'plastic trash bags'. We renamed them this when we hit freshman year because they already had more plastic in their bodies than any of the students combined. They found themselves above everyone else, just because their daddies got money.

We walked further down the empty hallways and went to our locker. Soon we were surrounded by our group, which consisted of two girls, Aubrey and I. We had the reputation as the bad girls around the school. Pathetic to be honest. Then we have three guys, Jason, Caleb, and Grayson. Caleb is your typical class clown. Where Grayson and Jason are chased around the schools by the teachers and have a reputation as the school's troublemakers and bad boys. All the girls wanted a piece of them and we never understood that. Because besides their great personality, they changed girls like Aubrey and I changed underwear. For god sake. When the guys gathered around me and Aubrey. A concerned glance was shared between Aubrey and me. As I wondered whether I dared to ask or wait for the chaos to happen. The usual question was asked.

"What have you done this time, Caleb and Jason?" As my question left my lips a scream in pure anger could be heard from our principal's office and I already had a great idea of what they might have done this time. ''We're so screwed.'' Some of them mouthed, which had us all rush for our next class. Since Aubrey forgot to wake me up, my first class had already started. So we decided to grab a bite before we went which caused me to miss my first class. Not that I complain, PE isn't me anyway. I walked into my second class a little late and people's eyes remained on me, which made my already ticking bomb explode.

"Well ladies and gents, take a picture, it lasts longer." I sneered at them with annoyance evident in my voice.

Like magic, they all of a sudden looked in a different direction, which led my attention to the voice that was now saying my name.

"Ms. Brooks, you're late again, take a seat". He snarled at me.

I went down for my usual seat in the back row and looked up shutting him up with;

"be happy I even showed up". A daily mission of mine is to piss off at least this teacher. I like to think I completed that mission for today. 

---------------------------<3---------->_>----------<3-----------------------------

(Edited 13-01-2022)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to Comment, share and vote. Thank you!