Chapter 13

AS I WOKE UP, I LOOKED AROUND CHECKING MY ROOM. I got shocked when I saw Caleb sleeping on my sofa. I forgot he was here. I went over to him, hitting him with my pillow, saying "Wake up sleepy head, we are late already".

Caleb looked around, before looking at me and recognition hit his face as someone hit him with a brick. He then began to slowly sit up taking the clothes he had thrown on my floor.

"Stop Caleb, you've been here before and you left clothes in my closet," I said walking towards my closet grabbing his clothes, and throwing them at him.

He began taking his clothes on as I excused myself to go change.

When I came out of the bathroom seeing Caleb wasn't in here anymore. I quickly changed into something more comfortable, walking down the stairs to Caleb.

As I came downstairs, Caleb came running at me chewing at, probably, breakfast.

"Slow down buddy, what's the matter?" I asked.

He answered quite fast, but was still chewing, which made it hard to understand him.

"Ha-il-on is ch-sing me!" He said fast like he was in a hurry.

"Hamilton is chasing you?" I asked, trying to understand what he just said. He nodded more than once "why may I ask?" I questioned.

"I took his food" He answered now with no food left in his mouth and with that you could hear Hamilton yell "CALEB WHERE ARE YOU, YOU LITTLE PRICK!".

He sounded angry. But I can't blame him. I would've killed Caleb too.

When Caleb heard Hamil yell, he squealed like a little afraid mouse and began seeking a hiding spot. When he found one, he made a signal like a 5-year-old that I should keep my mouth shut.

I shrugged and headed to the kitchen and made myself some breakfast.

Chaotic mornings here at the Brooks household.

An angry Hamilton stood next to me asking where Caleb was.

I answered, "under the sofa, don't ask me how he got under there I still don't know".

"Thanks, Heath," He said before running to our living room. This time I only needed to count to 3, before you could hear Caleb beg for him not to hurt him.

I could imagine Caleb laying down with his hands up in surrender saying "No please, please don't hurt me. I promise I'll never do it again. "

But then again I went into the living room with a toast in my hand, seeing that my imagination was true. Caleb did lay on the ground saying the exact same things I was thinking he would say.

"Okay Hamil, we need to get to school. Do you mind leaving him alone now?" I asked, kind.

He walked away, into the kitchen I suppose. Probably to make himself a new sandwich, I guess.

And with that Caleb ran out of our house over to my car.

"I DRIVE" He squealed.

He really thinks I would let him drive my Jeep Wrangler.

Hell, to the no.

I looked at him and got inside the car. The look on his face vanished and a 'sulking like a schoolgirl' face came on. I began to drive slowly forward which made him move his ass in the seat next to the driver seat.

"Okay would you stop acting miffed? It's getting on my nerves. You must have sick dreams if you thought I would let you drive this baby".

As we got to the school parking lot, Caleb began pouting about how he didn't want to go to school because it was boring. And I really felt his mood, but I also wanted to slap him across the head.

We entered the school halls, they were empty. But the silence only lasted for 5 more minutes, and then hell broke loose.

I went to my locker picking up the stuff I needed for my next class. I grabbed a few tampons and pads. Just in case. I wouldn't want to run out in the middle of class.

When I got the things I needed I went to class.

I had Mr. Wyatt's class, English. A class I enjoyed. I had a good teacher and great grades. As I got to my class people began to fill out the halls and I put my books on my table and went to leave the classroom again when Mr. Wyatt stopped me

"Early aren't you Ms. brooks?" He questioned.

"Yes, that's why I was leaving" I smiled flippantly.

He smiled and waved me off. I went out into the chaotic hallways filled with students searching for their friends or their books.

I spotted Caleb at the end of the hallway. Rushing towards the sight of my friends as I bumped into a person.

I might just set a record soon.

I looked up to see the grin on Charmings face.

"Marcus, hi!" I exclaimed happily.

I had so many questions for him. For example why he was here. But somehow I couldn't ask any of them and he chuckled and told me he just transferred from his last high school. He might have noticed my distress with the whole asking a question part.

I apologized for my clumsiness and told him to catch up soon, but I was on my way to meet my friends.

"Caleb and company.What's up. This is Marcus." I introduced them quickly. And went to talk with Aubrey. It seemed as if Caleb and Marcus knew each other. Maybe that's why he was so curious. I don't know. To be honest I'll stop thinking about it.

A few minutes after Aubrey had grabbed her books the bell rang and it was time to go to class. We went directly towards Mr. Wyatt's class after saying our goodbyes to the boys.

We got seated in our usual seats. Right in the middle. As we got settled a handsome stranger walked in with his eyes roaming around me all the time. He got into the seat right behind me. As soon as the lesson started I felt an annoying vibration coming from my seat. He kept kicking to my chair like a child in preschool.

I turned around sending him death glares, which just made him smirk. He only seemed somewhat more amused by my reaction and kept going. It was such a teeny tiny detail that made you want to pull out your hair.

If only glares were able to take a life. Then this day's class would have gotten way easier. But they don't. Which is why he was still kicking my chair. Trying to get on my nerves. I knew that if I turned around and gave him a reaction. He would've gotten what he searched for. So I bit my tongue and kept listening to Mr. Wyatt.

When the bell rang I collected my books and ran out of the classroom to the bathroom. There would be an incident if I didn't.

As I got out of the bathroom Aubrey waited for me and asked what was wrong? I just answered her easily with "that time of the month", she laughed and said, "I thought you were pregnant by the speed you ran to the toilet".

And with that, we both ended up laughing "as if" I laughed.

We walked to the lockers, so Aubrey could get off the weight of her English stuff. When we got there Mr. Handsome was covered in girls trying way too hard to get his attention. They swooned the minute he talked and rushed after him the second he walked away.

He was thrilled with the attention he achieved at this school. It annoyed me. Why? I didn't know. But the sight of him enjoying himself with all the girls pissed me off.

I decided to give him a little show of my own. A simple thanks for making me suffer through English class.

I walked past him with Aubrey towards our locker side-eyeing him and giving him a little wink at the end. A sweet innocent act. I continued over to Nathan and talked with him while Aubrey was switching books. I got a few words in before someone grabbed my wrist.

Janitors closet, really.

We aren't in some kind of romance movie.

I looked at Kaden's face with success. Better luck next time Handsome. But you gotta try harder. 

———
(Edited 19/01/22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to comment, share and vote! Thank you.