Chapter 6

"Teamwork makes dream work" ~ unknown.

———

I looked to my side to see where the question was coming from and I noticed it was Grayson. I lifted a brow at him, confused and curious why he wanted to know.

Why was he so curious?

I looked at him and when I was about to answer, Jason yelled up "HA I WON!"

I looked at the screen to watch >Godkiller69< killed >Attentionfreak101 <. He killed me while I looked away. Such a bad loser.

"It's alright. My mind has been occupied at the moment. So I only had a brief conversation with him, asking for some homework our teacher had given us when we were out for ice cream." He was actually quite a nice lad. He didn't mind me asking about the homework and we had a quick conversation before our classes started. Which was cozy.

Grayson's face changed to impress.

Why I had no idea. I didn't find it quite special-

Because he and I had a simple but nice conversation. It wasn't as if we had made out in the middle of the hallway like a lot of other high schoolers did.

I didn't find it interesting to do so. I would rather keep it casual, get the right first impression on each other is important. Except for the fact he has known me since middle school. So Nathan already knew that I liked to achieve good grades and keep my assignments on time.

While I had been debating on the reason Grayson seemed impressed, he had tried to lead a conversation with me. Grayson snapped his fingers in front of my eyes.

"What?" I said, confused.

He chuckled and simply told me not to worry about it.

We had talked and played games for hours now. SImply discussing life and how everyone's love life was going, which was mostly Aubrey who was curious. After three hours all of us decided it was time to head home. Aubrey pouted at me and wished for me to stay. She kept coming with options until I told her that I wanted to go home.

I was about ten minutes home from here, after all, she lived a tad wealthier than my parents. Not that I minded at all. I was happy for her parent's success. I've known Aubrey forever and she didn't always live in a mansion, they used to be our neighbor before the idea of her dads got quite famous and they got wealthier.

As I entered my car and had driven about five hundred meters down the road, I saw a familiar person. It was the guy I bumped into earlier that week. He looked to be in a hurry for something. I got curious and yelled out of my window; "You need a ride, handsome?"

His attention fell on me and he checked his phone and simply shrugged. 'Well to hell with it I heard him mumble. I stopped the car for him to jump in. I know that this seems incredibly stupid and how every mother said never to do this. To be fair, he could be murder for all I know. I've only met him once where he wouldn't let go of me.

But it seemed like a vice idea at the time. So here I am with a guy I have only met once or twice if my suspicions about him are right.

Something told me I should be careful, while another part of my brain said go for it. I had a feeling this was the start of something and the facial expression he was wearing told me that he thought that as well.

We had ended up driving around for an hour because he sucked at giving directions, or when he just wanted to spend time with me. Not that I complain.

After I had given him a ride to god knows where I finally arrived at home. My mother greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the forehead. She told me dinner was in the fridge if I found myself getting hungry. I waved her off and told her I'd rather just head to bed.

Aubrey had called me in the morning telling me to dress fancy because she didn't want to be the only one.

I didn't bother to tell her it wasn't going to happen. For me, school felt like a simple thing to attend. Nothing to dress up for. So, I'd just dressed as normal- When she had seen me, she grumbled saying I always had to be difficult. She'd tell me that she wanted me to dress up so that I would achieve the other guy's attention. I chuckled and told her that wouldn't have worked either way.

I found it adorable how willing she was to win this bet.

As lunch came around the corner Aubrey had been talking about how she found Nathan fascinating and so on. As she continued about how Nathan and she really were hitting it off. In the end, I applied earplugs and listened to music before I added a breathtaking smile while tapping on my chin.

"This can't be good" I heard from around the table, which was the usual reaction when I smiled. But as I said earlier, I hadn't really done much so far. I just wanted Aubrey to believe I was as dar as her in this bet.

I wanted to win, only to show Aubrey I could get whom I wanted. But my focus had been on him lately. The stranger who interfered in this school without me knowing. Something about him seemed fascinating. I knew I had made her wonder if I got to him before her.

Within a second, a loud thud at our table gathered all the guys including my attention to where the noise came from. I looked up to see Mr. Handsome join our table + he brought the cafeteria's attention to our table once again.

Big thanks to you Mr. jerk.

-------

(Edited 14-01-22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to comment, share and vote! Thank you!