Chapter 23

Heathers pov.

We drove for about ten minutes when Kaden said that we only got five minutes left. As we got down a road he told me to make a left turn, I did as he told me to and drove for only what felt like a few seconds before he faked a navigation voice and said "your destination is on the right side of the road." I began laughing quite hard, because I found it funny. I looked out of Kaden's window and my laughter quieted down. I must have looked dumb. But his house was giant compared to mine. Before I even realized Kaden getting out of the car, he stood holding the door open for me. As we walked up to his front porch, I was speechless. I was about to knock when an accomplishment hit me, that it was his house - my cheeks become red in no time, he chuckled at my action and opened the door into his massive beautiful house. When we got inside, Kaden yelled he was home like it was completely normal which it probably was. As the matter of seconds five boys and one girl came down the stairs which I assume is his brother's and a sister. But I completely froze when I saw the fifth brother.

Nathan Lockwood?

Kaden glanced towards me and confusion filled his already nervous gaze. I understood he was nervous for many people, this might be a lot to take in. When my breath shortened he followed my gaze towards Nathan Lockwood. The infamous nerd at LCA.

The one nerd that Aubrey and I had made a bet about. What a coincidence. Apparently, my luck is out to get me. How could I ever fulfill a bet that included Kaden's brother? It would hurt both our pride and a large amount of trust that had been exchanged throughout the few weeks we have known each other. His gaze soon held recognition. He knew. The guys had talked about the bet a lot at our table. My concerns showed on my face and the fear he had heard them talk about a bet who involved his brother- Even I would be absolutely pissed.

I looked at him and gave him a shy smile.

"Heather, meet my brothers and sister" A smile spread on each of their faces and they lined up from youngest to oldest. Kaden went over to the smallest of them all. The little boy ran into his arms in a warm embrace. He hugged him and after a few long seconds, he stopped the hug and started to introduce him.

"Firstly, we have William, he is six years old" as soon as Kaden said it.

William rushed towards me and his tiny arms were around my waist. I chuckled and looked down at him. He looked at me with huge puppy eyes. His eyes asked if I somehow could resemble Kaden's girlfriend. A feeling of happiness rushed to my head and my cheeks blushed a little over the thought. I smiled and shook my head a little. His eyes that before held hope now held sadness which made me crouch down next to him and whisper in his ear "Not yet anyways" his eyes lit up and he giggled all the way back to Kaden who looked at me with appreciation. I wondered why. I did nothing, but save the little guy some hurt.

"After William we have Alec. Alec is fourteen years old. A bit to the wild side of the family" Kaden winked towards him and he laughed. That angelic sound both Kaden and him shared. Alec resembled Kaden a lot. They had the same intense piercing stare and he was built like an exact copy of him. He showed nothing other than the blank look like Kaden. Kaden gave him an elbow in the side and a smile showed. He apologized and said hello before he excused himself and went back to his room. While William stood and waited till I was introduced to everyone. So he could steal me.

"That was Alec. He's a tough shell to crack. But he is truly a great person. But after Alec, we have Alex short for Alexandra, she is sixteen and she's the family sunshine. Sure knows to make her trouble and blame the boys" Kaden chuckled by the last part receiving an eye-roll from his little sister. Alexandra looked right at me and a huge smile found her face. The sunshine of the family. I understood that. Her whole aura shined with happiness and she walked towards me while her posture held confidence and leadership. She took me in for a hug and my face showed surprise from the bluntness and the others laughed- She's probably like this with everyone.