Chapter 4

TWENTY MINUTES PASSED BY AND THE CLASS ENDED. I craved lunch the entire day. I don't know why. I just have. As we stood in the line, someone apparently bumped into me. I turned around giving them my 'I'm ready to hit you with a brick anytime' glance. Doesn't surprise me to see the plastic trash bags. I glanced at them as if they were idiots. But soon followed my million-dollar smirk. Their eyes narrowed, confused why I would smirk. As their facial expressions turned slowly into discomfort. Without a warning, I winced in pain and made it look like our 'trash bag bee' hit me on purpose.
You know I'm not stupid, I glanced around the room and caught several teachers around the room. Not only to see our strict principal and three teachers standing around the cafeteria. So of course they would react if a student hit the other.

"Why would you lay your hands on me?" I talked loudly making sure to gain everyone's attention.
"Melissa Carrington, why on earth would you hit a fellow student?" I heard Ms. Katelyn say.
"This is not acceptable behavior! Ms. Carrington!" Our principal finally said, "Please follow me to my office, where we discuss your punishment."
A few teachers glanced my way and asked if I was alright which I responded with a simple yes. We walked to our table chuckling about her stupidity.
"Well that was intense," Aubrey said.
While we sat at our table eating lunch. A few of the queen bee's minions crossed by, sending death glares towards us which is getting old by now.
Aubrey had been staring at a certain table for a long time. The table belonged to the nerds. But not any nerd. She was staring at Nathan Lockwood.
I wondered why she would stare at him, and got an idea.
"A Bet." She and I said in sync.
I wondered if we had the exact same thought as usual. She watched me wonder.
"The one who gets the good boy to fall in love wins," I said.
"The one who gets Nathan Lockwood to fall in love wins," She said, clarifying my words with a smile.
We sat staring at each other, thinking about how to make this bet interesting.

"The loser pays for our first-semester appartment rent at college," She said and now she caught my attention. Something about this bet seemed too easy. That's why I agreed to it.
"Deal".

Aubrey and I sat looking at each other when Caleb yelled "Let's get this game on bitches".
Caleb practically yelled at the top of his lungs and gained all attention from us.
I sent glares his way and he suddenly looked down damn fast.
"Caleb remind me again why I'm friends with you?" I asked him, with a genuine smile.
"Because I'm so handsome, that you can't resist me" he told me and the rest of us broke down in laughter.
We all looked at him once more and when we saw the sour look on his face, it got even funnier.
After our laughter calmed down a little bit, the key word was 'little bit'. He spoke again, "HEY, what's so funny,?" he asked us, genuinely confused.
"N-nothing Caleb, if that's what helps you sleep at night keep on believing that." I managed to tell him between the laughter.
He looked annoyed, but at the same time, he grinned.
As a silence took over the table, I asked Aubrey if she was certain about this bet. She nodded and said one hundred percent.
We discussed the bet and I said "One rule; You can't fall in love. If you fall in love, you lose.".
You were allowed to do what you like with the bet, but it wasn't allowed to affect our friendship. We discussed and talked until the bell rang. Aubrey walked ahead of us and caught Nathan, she had put on her reading glasses and seemed interested in him, while he seemed confused.

I chuckled and continued to walk towards my class. When I bumped into a hard chest.
I looked up to find a handsome face with the same deep ocean blue eyes. I remembered that face, I couldn't place it. But such a handsome face is hard to forget. I could feel his hands on my waist, which kept me from falling to the floor. But something about him seemed familiar. I saw that face last week, I'm certain. But I was still annoyed by the fact he walked into me.
"Next time watch where you're going!" I told him, with a calm voice.
"Could say the same to you" he smirked, not letting go of my waist.
I found his touch electrifying. It gave me a weird tingly feeling. It bothered me that I wasn't certain if it was him
I thought about it once again, but I couldn't put my finger on where I've seen him before. I remembered those eyes. But I wasn't certain if it was some quicidence that I met two guys with gorgeous pairs of eyes.

———
(Edited 13/01/22)

Thanks for reading

Remember to comment, share and vote! Thank you.