Chapter 11

"I MISS THEM TOO HEATH", Mason said now tears fell down his cheek as well.

Had I thought out loud...?

"Yes, yes you did heath" Mason laughed, but it sounded more like a cat getting something stuck in its throat. I laughed at him.

"Do you want to pay our secret old meeting place a visit? I miss it." The way his voice broke a little at the end showed genuine sadness. His eyes had gotten a tad darker.

"Let's do it," I assured him with a smile, as we walked out to my Jeep Wrangler.

Mason was excited because he begged me to drive. So, I let him, it wouldn't hurt. He had tried it before.

I loved to see the smile that was plastered on his face. We had gotten our books and some food for a picnic.

As we drove to the secret hideout, I enjoyed the peaceful silence with the landscape in every direction you looked. A few trees here and there.

As Mason slowly stopped the car, I looked out at the beautiful sight.

Sunflowers are one of my favorite places. As we sat down in the middle of the sunflowers, I began putting our stuff down on the ground.

We began to read and show each other funny comments in the books here and there, just enjoying each other's presence.

The yellow sunflowers were everywhere you glanced and the smell that flowered around. Something about the place seemed too good to exist. It was as if you were stuck in a dream and kept repeating the same words, but getting caught by the view of the yellow running in ages before you get the hint of green trees in the far distance.

Of course, the trees were about to lose their color. But you get the picture.

After a couple of hours. We decided to head home again. We had been sitting out here for a few hours now and the sun was beginning to set. Something about the oranges/red colors made the sky lit in an admiring color.

When we got back to the house. My concerned mother stood at the entry point of the house looking at the two of us.

"Seventeen and still not able to text her poor mother that she's out late. May I ask Heath, why do you need the phone then?" She questioned with a defeatist look. The clock was only eight pm. It wasn't as late as she assumed. I guess her watch was bugging her again. I shook my shoulders with a mischief grin.

And a simple word "Ups."

As we walked upstairs. Hamilton came out of nowhere. I gave him a death glare.

"Watch it boy" I sneered at him

He looked at me surprised. Usually, I was quite calm and collected around him. But even after such a successful trip with Mason. I bit. I don't know why. Somethings I can't even control. Hormones, for that matter.

My PSD had been terrible lately-

My period also arrived earlier this week, that could be why. I hated when it became so overbearing that I would sneer at everyone.

"Someones on their period" he whistled while walking past me and it caused my blood to boil. Something about his whole attitude made me incredibly annoyed.

"Actually for the matter of fact I am and guess what-" I didn't let him answer before I continued my rant "I'm going to put my bloody tampon beneath your pillow tonight. So if you feel something nasty, you know why".

"Let's see if you got balls for that little sis" he smirked.

"last time I checked; your balls hadn't even fallen down according to your last girlfriend?" I smirked back

I turned around sticking my tongue out before entering my room, his face had two emotions. Shock and more shock. I loved it.

We had a great sibling relationship between Hamilton and me. But sometimes we had our moments like everyone else. Anything else would be absurd.

I sat down on my bed. Not wanting to do much because of the period thing. Some girls might relate. Guys not so much. But when you have to sneeze or when you sneeze, it's as if the period times it and a mean flow arrives.

It's not fun, let's say that.

This is why I got up from my comfy placement on the bed and went to the bathroom. A quick warm shower was all I needed after today. Just letting the heat get to me and relax.

A lot of wonders hit you at this specific time of the month. Such as why the living hell do women have to suffer. Men have it easy.

I'm sorry, but it is out there ladies. Our secret is revealed.

Boys have nothing and we tolerate childbirth, menstruation, and not to mention period cramps...

Oh and mood swings. Enough with feminism.

I went to my bed and grabbed the book I was reading recently was about a sexist male, wishing all women only was sex objects or someone who had no opinions and should do as told. I don't know why I was reading it. But it somehow caught my attention. Throughout the book, several women had tried to change his perspective. But none of them had achieved their goal. They all gave up. It gave me some kind of love-novel vibes. Even though it was quite old and political. 

-------------

(Edited 18-01-22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to comment, share and vote. Thank you!