Chapter 33

Kadens pov

We had walked downstairs to the rest of my gang members. She glanced around and joked with Marcus. Marcus had caught on as well by now. He wanted to enjoy her joy for the last time as well. The guys haven't met her before and stood stunned over her appearance.
When everyone had gotten introduced to one another we went into the living room, that the others had cleaned up for evidence. They all had gathered around a video game.
Heather was fidgeting with her cover when Marcus stopped her hands and let her play. The rest said it wouldn't be fair for the poor girl. She started playing as the rest of her team died, she played against Bradley and Kyle, some of the best in this game.
She chuckled, as she outplayed both of them. I was surprised to see how tactical she played. She would be good to have by my side. Sadly, I don't think that would be possible.
She stood up and walked towards the exit and I knew what was about to happen. My eyes found the floor for a second before Marcus pushed me up from the couch and told me to go get her before it was too late.
I grabbed her hips and let her into a kiss. Our last kiss. Something about that fact seemed unreal. I didn't want it to be our last. I wanted her to be by my side always and forever.
She was mine and I didn't want anyone else, that much I had figured throughout the last couple of months.
After she walked out of that door I knew she wasn't coming back. Marcus knew that as well he just chose not to believe it. I explained to the guys who she was and they had already figured it out. I went to the high school the next few days, weeks and months in hope of seeing her to explain everything.
But nothing happened...
Three months and five days have passed since she left my doorstep that day. She hasn't said a word to me and she has walked away from me whenever I approached her. She ignored my text messages and never responded to my calls. I had tried everything and at one point a little of my hope burned and I was back into my careless fase. I walked the halls as if they were mine whenever she and I got eye contact. We both glanced another way. What hurt the most was her talking to Nathan. She wasn't his. I told him that several times at home ad everytime he nodded and walked away.
How am I the bad guy for protecting what's mine?
Our relationship went from happiness and us having fun to us being distant and cold towards one another.
Whenever she did look my way I wanted to beg her to let me explain, but how would that make a feared gang leader look? Not good I can tell you that much.
Once she arrived with Nathan at the school and my heart dropped. Nathan hadn't come home that night which only meant one thing. He had spent the night at her place. Something about that bothered me. The fact that there might have been a possibility for the two of them to have done anything was bothering me.
I had talked with him that day and he said nothing happened, but I didn't quite believe him. He had been distant lately. Ever since he started hanging out with Heather and Aubrey he wouldn't talk with me as much.
I wanted to spend time with her instead of the eager girls in this school. They always came onto me whenever Marcus and I was talking. I'm not going to lie I had shared a kiss in the action to forget her, but nothing helped. Because whenever another girls lips connected with mine I thought about her lips and her taste.
I missed how she would rant about anything that could possible annoy her and how she ended up laughing saying it's stupid, but it really did piss her off. How she would always help others before herself, because if other people was happy, she could be happy too. She would always say hi to strangers with a smile incase they had a bad day to make it better.
Four months and here she was next to me in class. I was wondering if I should speak to her or sit in silence and observe. Maybe she wasn't fine as she pretented to be. Maybe she was hurting as well.
Girls had been sitting on my laps, kissing my lips, they had done everything to gain a bit of my attention, and in the end they still got nothing. They wanted to use me for one reason or maybe two. The reputation and sex.
Well that's two reasons.
A few days after her and I sitting next to one another in class Nathan told me about Heather eating lunch with Aubrey today. It was currently a saturday. A saturday I was certain would change everything.
I had called her on a unknown number, because she had ignored all of my calls whenever I used my caller ID. It rang...and rang until the ringing suddenly stopped. I looked at my phone to be sure it didn't go straight to her voice mail again. It didn't. I wondered if it was her or someone who had borrowed her phone.
"Heather, is this you?"
The other end had a continuoes silence and my hope slightly slipped through my fingers like sand. My heart knew that she stood there in the neighbor city on her phone right now listening to me. Listening to my heavy breath of nervousness and my shaky voice when I asked the question with fear she might hang up.
It's funny one of the most feared criminals in the underworld afraid of rejection. Shouldn't be that way, right. Any girl wanted me and here I only wanted her. I waited for a minute more counted the seconds in my head slowly to make the time pass slower.
One....two....thirtyfour....fourty....fiftyseven...fifthynine and a half.....sixty.
As I finished counting and was about to hang up I heard her sigh from the other end of the call and my hope immediately rised. "Heather, are you there? Let me explain. I need you... meet me at the basketball court in an hour. Please" I begged her. She would be the only woman I will ever beg except for my mother and well Alexandra, when I needed to know how Heather was doing in the period we wasn't talking.

———
(Edited 13.03.22)
Thank you for reading,
Remember to comment, vote and share.