Chapter 20

"WE  COULD GO TO THE DOWNTOWN FIGHT CLUB"

They had their fight night today which meant lots of cash..

The guys shared a confused glance. Which was understandable. We had promised to never let outsiders know. Here I was telling two new people about it.

So they waited for me to tell them it was a joke.

Marcus and Kaden shared a glance and I wasn't sure what to think of it.

They agreed with me and were confused about what I was doing. But I wanted to know if my suspicion was right about Kaden.

They all mumbled something, before agreeing to go.

Aubrey glanced at me telling me 'Outside now.'

We went outside and I prepared myself for her rant.

"Are you stupid, Heath? We promised no outsiders could know. Why risk it? You could bump into that group we met weeks ago. It's a bad idea." her voice trembling. Which told me she was scared or nervous for that matter.

We went inside my room again to watch Jason and Caleb on the floor. I looked at Kaden, confused who stood panting. What was happening. They had been fighting. But why?

Someone was hyped about the fight club visit I guess.

We had kicked out the boys when we changed into our gym wear.

We all rushed downstairs and of course my clumsy self would trip over the stair treads and I closed my eyes waiting for the pain.

Any second now.

After two seconds I opened my eyes to watch Kaden's face beneath me and a grin found my lips.

"Sorry" I apologized scratching my head.

"Not here yet" Aubrey and I laughed. They looked at us like we were the bad guys.

The guys wanted some more pizza before we headed towards downtown.

I smiled at him and walked into the kitchen with him behind me and saw the others eating pizza. "Hey, save some!" I grumbled.

They looked up and sent down a pizza.

All of us gathered into the different cars and Aubrey asked the guys whether they had visited the club before. She was the one leading our conversations so I could observe.

When she asked they looked at each other and shook their heads. But there was recognition at the mention of the club's name. They were good at faking it. Impressively good. I wondered whether I should bust their lie or let them have it. So I decided to tease them.

"So, it's this awesome strip club Aubrey and I work at" I said with a smirk.

Their eyebrows flew up "w-what?" Marcus said innocently.

"It was a joke," Aubrey said, rolling her eyes at me.

Kaden chuckled. I liked the sound of his laughter. He grew onto me. When we arrived I saw their faces change. I couldn't read them.

When we entered the bar, which had been renovated to a fight club, you could hear the groans from the person in the ring getting beaten. The lights were low and the music loud. The air smelled like your basic club, a mix between sweat, alcohol and smoke. The difference from this club was that it also had a hint of blood.

You learn to accept the smell over time. People recognized me and went out of my way. Some of their faces contained fear, others hate, and some admiration. My face held no emotion while I walked past my fellow opponents and the ones I beat. I walked towards the bar with a hurry.

When I bumped into a tall guy, I've seen him before, I'm sure. "Hello beautiful, what is such a pretty girl doing here in such a rush" he said in a British accent.

"I'm here to fight. Have I seen you before?" I asked curiously, he seemed familiar.

"Never seen you beautiful," he said. He didn't make any signs of lying. He was good. I could call his bluff. Which I did.

"So, you're known for lying" I asked him sweetly.

He shifted to an awkward position and scratched the back of his neck.

"Who are you then? And who do you belong to?" My voice was cold and stern. I didn't appreciate people lying to me. Especially when they tried to defend themselves afterwards. It annoyed me.

He looked around concerned. His face slightly twitched debating whether he should tell me or not.

"Black eagles," he finally answered, before rushing off somewhere.

As I wanted to ask him more questions when Kaden interfered by grabbing my arm and led me away.

"I was having a conversation with hi-" I looked around to see the guy I talked to before was long gone. He didn't move and watched me carefully. He then continued to walk towards my car. We had just arrived and he was already making me go home? Hell no.

When we reached the car Marcus and Aubrey already stood waiting.

"I didn't even get to fight," I complained.

But Aubrey looked at me in relief while Kaden and Marcus exchanged looks.

Aubrey drove home when I wasn't listening. When we arrived at my house I got out of the car and stormed into my room.

What was his problem?

The others followed me soon behind and stood in my entry point chuckling at me.

"It's not funny!" I yelled into the pillow.

"I'm sorry sis. But it really is. You're acting like a five-year-old who got grounded." Hamilton said.

The others had gone to his room while he talked with me and I looked at him.

"Hamilton?" I was confused. I felt the bed, going down to the left of me.

"Yeah, they informed us they took you home. Why, none of them explained. I thought it was sudden since we had just gotten there" He said, I looked up from the pillow and said, "I don't know why either. I was talking with this guy, he seemed familiar and he knew me as well." His face changed and he looked out into the room.

"Kaden must have known him since he removed you from him. Something doesn't add up. But we'll figure it out." He said pressing on his last words.

———
(Edited 10-02-22)

Thanks for reading.

Remember to share, comment and vote.