Chapter 34

Kaden's pov.

She agreed, she said yes.
I rushed out of the door and stood by the basket ball field. I stood there ten minutes after the call, to make sure I was there when she got here. I stood there waiting for fifty minutes and I checked my watch she should've been here by now. I decided to wait for fifteen minutes more, and if she didn't show by then I would go home.
The minutes flew by and I checked my watch again only four minutes left. I didn't want to believe the chance of her standing me up.
When my hope once again slipped through my hands my phone rang, and a picture of heather fulled my screen. i eagerly responded when I heard a voice I didn't recognize.
"Is this Kaden?"
The voice on the other line sounded fragile and broken, like she had been crying for hours. I wondered why such a pain would belong in the voice of whom had Heathers phone. I started to get worried, something was wrong. Why would they ask for me?
I managed to move my panic aside and keep calm "Kaden speaking, how can I help?". When I had said the simple sentence. The woman I assumed on the other line started sobbing and soon crying. She cried for a few minutes before a voice behind her told her to tell me. I started to get impatient.
Tell me, what?
I wanted to ask but I couldn't the woman was afraid and broken it sounded like. She seemed as if this was hard on her. Hard for her to say. When she calmed herself down the voice started again and I heard my worst nightmare come true.
"It's Heather, she has been in a car accident" that's when I knew it was her mother speaking. My heart started beating rapidly and my body started overheating. I said four words "I'm on my way" before the line disconnected.
I went to my car and headed towards the hospital instantly. The car drive there seemed exhaustingly long. Heather was a fighter she was going to be okay. That sentence repeated in my head and even thoug I wanted to believe it my fear created a horrible image in my mind. A image I never wanted to believe.
I walked into the hospital and the nurse looked at me. She immediately came towards me with a flirtaous look and asked how she could help me. I asked her where Heather Bailey Brooks room was and she looked annoyed before pointing me in her direction. I ran down the dull white hospital halls. First floor room one hundred eight. When I turned around the corner I saw her family and her friedns gathered around outside. Nathan and Aubrey stood hugging and my face might've looked confused. I saw their friends and Marcus which also made me question how they had contacted him.
I walked towards them and greeted all of them asking how she were. None of them knew yet. They called it a waiting game. The doctors had said she was going to be okay, that the car crash wasn't fatal. So her parents shouldn't be worried. I stood outside in the small waiting room gathered around with everyone here for her. Several hours had passed by and she still haven't woken up yet.
I prayed for her to be alright, the first time I prayed since my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Something that scared me was sickness. The way someone could be here today and be gone the next. That shouldn't scare me since I dealed with death from time to time. But I couldn't help to be afraid sometimes.
My mind was exploding. A primary thought that was contained me being scared of losing her. Something I couldn't. I didn't want to lose her. If I lost her my life didn't seem to have a meaning. She gave a reason to fight. Her smile, her laugh or the way her voice got a octave higher whenever she was nervous or shy. I couldn't loose her, because if I lost her then I lost someone I loved.
I had fallen in love with Heather Bailey Brooks.
Someone woke me up by shaking me telling me that she woke up. I had sat in her room and I had apparently fallen asleep while waiting. I looked at the clock to see it was seven am. She had been asleep for twelve hours. She glanced towards my way and I could've sworn I saw her lips tugged up in the sides. She missed me.
The man I was confused about got confirmed to be her dad. Everyone had greeted her and hugged her tight without hurting her fragile body. They laughed hugged and shared teaers of love and gratitude that she was okay. I waited for Hamilton to finish. He glanced at me an nodded my way before he left.
I stood up with the small teddy bear saying 'get well soon'. She chuckled and a smile lightened up her face. A smile I've missed immensely.
Her voice was thin as paper when she tried to speak. "Why did you keep fighting, you stubborn boy?" She chuckled. I glanced at her as she said her sentence. Was she brain damaged by the crash? I looked at her as if she was crazy.
"I would take a bullet for you Heather Brooks. You have my heart, no one comes close to what you make me feel. Even though I might never get a second chance I wouldn't have given up on you."
I sat down next to her while finishing my sentence. My hand brushed her hair away from her face. Her lips found mine and I replied to her kiss immediately. I haven't tasted them for four months and they were like a drug to me. So sweet and heavenly. I had feared I never might be able to again.
I broke the kiss and looked at her with the largest smile as she glanced back. She didn't say a word and we both simply enjoyed the moment.
After some time I chose to speak up.
"Heather, I know that the fact I'm the leader of black eagles scares you. But I would never let anything hurt you. I simply want you by my side, which is why I want you to be mine Heather Bailey brooks."
She glanced at me and she smiled after sometime when she realized what I said "Of course I want to, idiot".
I can answer the question now. Yes I've fallen in love once and it was with the most amazing girl I've known.

———
(Edited 14.03.22)