Chapter 36

"What do you want, handsome?" He chuckled again and without thinking he responded "you".
A smile appeared on my face which he noticed and small kisses emerged on my neck and moved upwards towards my lips and my body tensed slightly. He paused for a bit before continuing when he got my approval. His lips moved slowly towards their target. When he reached it he stopped leaving me wanting that kiss even more, I pushed him off me with a scowl and he laughed. Of course, he did it on purpose. He watched me with a smile as I walked to my closet and grabbed my nightwear. He watched my movements, as I returned to the bed.
"You won't need that" He said and grabbed the clothes and threw them across the room. He gave me his t-shirt revealing all his muscles. I won't complain about that view ever. I put the oversized t-shirt on and started to get comfortable in bed. I was about to fall asleep when an arm wrapped around my waist. A small smile fell on my lips as I fell asleep thinking of him.

I woke up due to some noise coming from downstairs. I decided to check up on what was happening. I checked next to me to spot a sleeping Kaden. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. After I felt like a creepy stalker for watching him sleep I got out of bed. I grabbed some shorts and went downstairs to witness Hamilton making breakfast with mom. I looked at mom stunned that she had convinced him to make edible food. The eggs and bacon looked delicious and the pancakes smelled wonderful. My mother sat down letting Hamilton do the rest as she handed me the hot chocolate. Aubrey had arrived a little bit earlier apparently. Both of them sat down waiting for me to tell them if anything had happened. I started telling them about what happened at the hospital and they smiled at me. After that I explained that nothing had happened through the night in my room. The only thing that happened was a kiss and us cuddling.
Kaden had arrived downstairs greeting everyone as we had started eating the breakfast Hamilton and mom had prepared. I heard the doorbell ring and went to open it.
Someone I haven't seen in a long time stood outside on my porch.
Someone I had feelings for back in kindergarten and forward to my middle school. He left that year because his mother was offered a job in England. I glanced at him, not able to express any words, I haven't seen him for years. He left without much, he told me that he would miss me. Who wouldn't fall for their best friend. I did, at least I think I did.
He stood there with flowers and a card saying "I missed you" on top of a box of chocolate. I stared at him, wondering what he thought he would achieve with this sudden action. He left me without anything other than a facetime call from him when he arrived in England after I searched the entire school for him. After the facetime ended I only received a few messages throughout the years he has been gone.
An arm was around my waist supporting balance, I looked next to me and smiled. Kaden stood next to me and pecked my lips. I knew what he tried to do. He wanted to show that I belonged to him. When Sawyer saw that it seemed to be bugging him. He asked me "Who is this angel?" I glanced back at Sawyer to see him bothered.
"This is Sawyer, he was my best friend during my childhood. Then he left for England without a notice or a goodbye" I smiled at him and I saw Kaden's shoulders tense. He glared at Sawyer and I didn't want anything to happen.
"Heather, I've tried to tell you, I'm sorry multiple times. I never wanted to leave that instant or without telling you, but my parents didn't leave me much of a choice". I stared at him, unable to express a sentence and I wanted to tell him that he was an idiot.
Since he left me behind. One of the only friends I had made throughout my school years. It was hard to settle without him, I didn't have the person I relied on. He was gone and the moment I realized that. He was also gone from my thoughts.
"I've missed you a lot Hezzie" When I heard that name I wanted to scream at him. He shouldn't have called me that, not after how he left. I knew what he tried to do.
I was unsure what to tell him or if I could find the words to say anything. I couldn't. My words had disappeared and the voice I had moments ago was gone- I felt like I was suffering. I wanted to tell him to leave, but that would be rude.
"This isn't the right time Sawyer. Please leave, you left a long time ago. I need some time to establish the fact you're back and why that is." He glanced at me and nodded, he walked down the porch and towards a car I haven't seen before.
Kaden glanced at me asking if I was alright. I said yeah and we rejoined my family again at the dining table. Mom looked at me concerned, I mouthed that I would tell her later and Aubrey caught onto it and said to me too.

---

Edited 14.03.22

Thank you for reading,

Remember to comment, vote and share.