Chapter 15

CALEB AND I WERE ABOUT TO ENTER THE CLASS WHEN THE BELL RANG. As we entered the class I remembered that I shared this class with the queen b herself Melissa and the other's plastic trash bags.

"Look what the cat took inside with it," Melissa said, and her minion followed her by seconds  "Trash" they laughed together. Somewhat like it was funny.

Some other girls thought that because Melissa could say some words. That they could as well. They started as well. They were jealous about earlier it seemed.

Sometimes I found it amusing that the school's girls were that eager to reach for guys they would never get.

The two girls stood next to Melissa snickering. It was embarrassing how they thought that they could hurt someone by saying a few disrespectful words.

Melissa scowled at me and I knew that the little dog had told her about the incident in the hallway earlier.

Caleb told them to shut up and presided to call them cheaper than me. I had to stop him before he went too far. We went for our seat in the back row, but bags were already by the chairs. Caleb and I shrugged and moved the bags. They didn't matter. If you're not here bad luck-

We sat down looking up at the teacher entering the room, taking attendance.

We had listened to her talking about world war two or something like that. I hadn't been listening at all. I was too occupied doodling on my paper to notice.

I believe that twenty minutes had passed by before the door opened up revealing Kaden Matthews. I heard his last name while we were walking to class because some girls stood gossiping about his Instagram of some sort.

Right in his heels came Marcus. Chuckling probably at something Kaden said. I was curious. Would the teacher even do anything towards the new bad boys of the school? Yes, that was their new stempel. Jason and Grayson weren't fond of it.

The girls nearly drooled when they walked by. If they received a wink or two they would faint I believe. But the only one who received a wink was me.

They went down towards Caleb and me. Caleb looked at them and they gave him a small wave which he returned with a nod. They're learning.

Kaden got into the seat next to me and Marcus right in front of me making the student in that seat move. The teacher asked them why they were late and they replied that the principal wanted to see them.

And nothing. Only very well and she continued this hell.

Kaden whispered towards me saying " When bags are at the seats it means someone was going to sit there" He said it with such a teasing voice and I rolled my eyes.

I simply shook my head telling him that they were meant to be moved if the students didn't meet up at the time the class started.

Something about their appearance made this classroom seem incredibly small. They're large figures filled a lot more than compared to the tiny girls sitting around and the guys.

"There's plenty of room around the class. Why sit there, next to me? To be exact?"

I asked. Both of them had the exact same smirk, which creeped me out.

"Because you're entertaining and not a braindead bimbo," Charming said with humor and offered a smile. 

"Oh lord. If any of them heard that. Imagine." I laughed. The teacher came back from the printers and handed out tests to everyone.

I had invited him home... Why I invited him home. I don't know. I've been questioning that myself for the past thirty minutes. Caleb followed us most of the way to my house. I had to make our lie believable earlier. Now I couldn't kick him out. I had asked if he was thirsty which he apparently was.
Luckily no one was home this early. Even Mason was out with a few old friends of his before he moved.  So we went to get two glasses of ice water and a snack to go. He smelled the flower in our old green blue vase, which my mom got from my grandpa before he passed away.
His face, when he realized the flower was fake, was adorable.
His face got all scrunched up and he looked at me all confused searching for an answer.  I couldn't stop the laughter. It was too sweet. His whole figure looked confused.
"Why are all your flowers fake?" he asked suddenly.
His question brought back memories. Memories that were emotional to me.

Four years ago Hamilton had finally agreed to come to the sunflower field with me, and I was beyond happy! I told him about how I wanted to surprise mommy with a bucket of the big gorgeous sunflowers from the field. We spent hours out there collecting the perfect combination of flowers. Filling up the bucket with colorful yellow sunflowers.
It was like being back here with grandpa again. It was like a dream. On our way home, we bought her a small gift with the sunflowers.
When we arrived at home and had prepared the vase with the yellow spring sunflowers. Hamilton went to get her, so she could see our masterpiece. When she arrived downstairs. Her nose began to run and her eyes teared up. What you would call a typical allergic reaction. Back then I first thought it was something she might have eaten. But when I grabbed the vase with the flowers and showed her she began to sneeze.
So Hamilton and I concluded that she was allergic to flowers.
When she saw the flowers a smile lit up her face. Grandpa had been obsessed with flowers since he met grandma. She smiled and told us they were beautiful, but they had to be outside so they wouldn't trigger her allergy.
She hugged us and we placed the sunflowers outside on the doorstep.

Mr. Handsome waiting for my response. He looked at me as if nothing else mattered with such an intensity my knees felt weak. My eyes caught him and quickly changed towards the fake sunflowers in the vase.
I told him about the memory of how my brother and I had concluded she was allergic to flowers after we gave her a bucket of sunflowers which caused her allergies to react.
"Oh" was all that left his mouth.
After that, we went to my room. It was as if he wanted to say something but kept biting his tongue. He kept starting on a sentence but stopped. I believe he thought I didn't hear him. Because he never finished it and changed topics instead.
He looked conflicted as if he wanted to ask something. But he wasn't able to find the right words.
"Careful on the stairs now. We wouldn't want you to fall." He chuckled and it caused me to roll my eyes with a small smile playing on my lips.
Oh boy, what he did to me.
I thought back to Aubreys and I bet. If he kept making butterflies appear in my belly I was screwed.
When we entered my room he glanced around. Looking amused and happy. Something rare from the big bad boy.
My room had a dark brown brim with white walls. I liked it simple. Something about it seemed right. The rustic atmosphere gave it a nice homey feeling.
My room was decorated with pictures hanging all around, a simple brown closet in the right corner and a desk in the other with a lot of old cameras and writings. With a Queen size bed in the middle of the room. When Hamilton and I were younger and we moved into this house, our parents told us to run and find a room. I ran fastest and got the one with a bathroom. Hamilton cried over it for a week while I was cheering. My parents laughed at us and told Hamilton that I was the fastest and a promise is a promise. When dad had worked a lot and gotten more money they built Hamilton a bathroom as well. So it didn't really matter.
He stood in front of a picture of us all five. Grayson, Aubrey, Jason, Caleb, and me. That picture was taken in our final year of middle school when we were fifteen. We had just had the summer we promised we would. All of us had written five things down like a bucket list for the summer. We completed all of them. That was the last day of the summer and the last thing on all of our bucket lists. A theme park. We went to Universal Studios. We had a blast.
He soon changed to a picture of Mason and me. A picture of us our grandpa took when we were small. The first time we went there actually. We both must have been about six years old. We heard how grandpa and grandma met for the first time. It was fantastic.
He went to one of my pictures. It was Aubrey surrounded by the guys. All of them were smiling. She had just won her first match of football and we all were incredibly excited for her. I took pictures throughout the whole match.
My room was decorated with pictures I had been talking with one of my many cameras. I loved capturing the memories with a picture, and a lot of those memories were on my wall.
There were pictures with my grandpa and Mason at the sunflower field, pictures with mom, dad, Hamilton, and I, at theme parks, vacations, and a lot more. And then a lot of pictures with my friends.
I looked at them smiling at the different memories.  "You're really good, you know," he said stunned, I smiled.
"Thanks, I appreciate it," I answered honestly.
But he looked at my white walls near my big window. 
"Why isn't there anything on that wall?" He asked, curious.
I answered slightly shyly, "I haven't got anything except the small art pictures near the window, I would love to paint it. But painting isn't my strongest talent" I laughed.
He grabbed my waist and removed the hair that fell onto my face. "You need something special there. Like you. I got a perfect idea".

———
(Edited 21/01/22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to comment, share and vote!