Chapter 22

"JAKE, WHAT DID YOU SAY TO THAT GIRL AT THE CLUB?"

You could hear him mumbling something before he said "I told her our gang name, black Eagles. Why?"

I cursed under my breath, "no reason".

He sounded like he accepted my answer before coming up with a typical Jake comment

"So did you get laid or what? Even though I recognized that girl."

He asked while adding the last part.

I got my own spit caught in my throat. "I didn't get laid, and where do you know her from?"

I asked him, I had to know. If more recognized her something must have been familiar about her.

"I don't remember honestly, maybe she fought here; I don't know man sorry."

He apologized for not being helpful. When you're the gang leader all of your members respect you with their life.

"It's fine Jake, have a great night," I said before hanging up. When I turned around Aubrey stood at the porch looking at me. She silently waited for an answer to whom I was calling this late and now.

Her eyes warned me. Told me to dare to lie.

"Who were you talking to?" She asked suspiciously.

My face went blank and I asked how long she had been standing there trying to avoid the question.

She didn't care and her glares started getting worse. I had to lie for their sake. She asked once again and repeated her question.

"Who were you talking with?" She asked stubbornly, she's not giving up. I know that she is as stubborn as Heather, no wonder they're best friends.

"My friend called. He saw me drag Heather out of the club and wondered if I got laid." I growled slightly lying. A small white lie.

She went inside leaving me outside in the chilly weather of November.

I went inside and up the stairs, to the guest room, heather had given us for the night. Marcus turned his head at the sound of the squeaky door. He gave me a torn look as if he was debating whether he should ask or not about the incident outside.

He asked about Jake, wanting to know if he knew more than we do. But I had to disappoint him the same way Jake disappointed me.

I got lost in my thoughts while Marcus spoke to me. I tried to figure out who she was. If more heads recognized her it wasn't a coincidence that I found her familiar.

So the question was where had we seen her from. There was this female fighter in the ring. She was an observer, a lot like me in the fighting technique. She would be a worthy opponent. She went under the name "black widow" perhaps she was a marvel fan. But to be honest it fit her. She was absolutely ruthless but always helped her opponent up after they lost and told them things no one heard or got told.

Every time the opponent fought another, they won. But against her no chance. It Couldn't be her. The black widow isn't Heather. The black widow also always wears a mask covering most of her face. So it would be hard to tell if she was.

"Kaden, I asked what did he tell you?" My eyes went towards him again and I shook my shoulders. Because there wasn't really a lot. Other than the fact he blurted out our name to her. It shouldn't be too hard to find us if she had some connections. That's what scared me.

Because if she went to the fight club there had to be a reason.

Where could he possibly know her from? I was utterly confused.