Chapter 35

Heathers pov

He had asked me the question I'd been waiting for since I got to know him. Whether I wanted to be his and who am I kidding. Of course, I want to be his.
I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital yet. The nurses were still running a few tests on me to make sure I was fully recovering before they let me go home. Kaden had stayed with me keeping my thoughts busy from the noises coming from the hallways. We had agreed that when the doctor decided I could go home we would spend the night together. As a date.
On our first date, I asked him what he had planned, but he wouldn't tell me.
We had been at this hospital for the last two days while the nurses had run different checkups. I was told yesterday that I was able to go home. I had called Kaden that day excited to finally leave these dull rooms and hallways. My body had also stopped hurting as much and I spent more time with Kaden due to these two days. We had apologized to each other for the things that hurt the other while we were apart. Something about him saying sorry for kissing other girls when it was my choice to leave made me feel guilty. He shouldn't be apologizing. At all.
I was being insecure about losing him, but that shouldn't be a reason for him to apologize. I had told him that and he said that he wanted to. Whenever he kissed the girls he thought of me, at least that's what he told me. To be honest, I haven't kissed anyone except for the one kiss Nathan and I shared and Nathan wasn't him. At that moment I realized I didn't want anyone except for him. Nathan realized at that point that he had feelings for Aubrey. So we decided to continue with our homework sessions and to hang out with all of us. But to stay friends only.
When we had gotten the green light from the doctors to go home, I rushed out of the hospital room with Kaden right behind me. We ran down the dull gray hallways and out towards his car. My throat tightened slightly. The sight of the car and the feeling of being in a car again makes the air seem thinner. My breath slightly disappeared by the thought of having to sit in a vehicle again. Even though I knew nothing would happen, I couldn't help but have those terrible flashbacks from when the vehicle braked in front of me, and my reaction time was too slow. I wondered if my jeep was alright after the incident. It must have gotten some damage after the crash, hopefully, nothing too expensive that I couldn't pay for.
When Kaden started to drive out of the garage and onto the road my heart began to hammer in my chest. I wondered if he noticed my nervosity. I sat fidgeting with my mobile cover. He glanced at me every now and then. After two minutes his hand grabbed mine while the other stayed on the steering wheel. His fingers connected with mine and the warmth and touch of his hand made me relax instantly. My thoughts stopped thinking about what might happen and simply enjoyed him sitting next to me. Kaden had apologized several times since the accident. It was either for the car crash which wasn't his fault or it was for the four months and all that happened throughout them.
He wasn't aware, but it had been my first time and I hadn't told him yet. He already felt bad enough, no need to fill in on the guilt. He had no reason to feel guilty, but he did and there was nothing I could say to make him feel better.
I wanted to and I tried to, but he didn't listen.
We arrived in front of my house and Kaden helped me out of the car making sure I wouldn't get hurt. He grabbed the bags I had at the hospital for the time I spent there. We walked towards the porch, he opened the door that revealed my whole family ready to greet me. I hugged my parents tightly and they supported my fragile body steady on the ground. My arm started to shake and my mother glanced at me. I told her it was alright. I grabbed my left arm and held it close to my body. My brother grabbed me in a hug "How are you, monkey?" I looked up from his chest and glanced into his eyes. "I could be better." I said and he laughed. No shit, that was obvious. Of course it was. But I was happy to be honest. I had Kaden as my boyfriend, my friends and family that supported me. Even Nathan had made my homework and turned it in for me, so I wouldn't get behind.
We had all gone to the living room as Aubrey and Caleb arrived later telling me that Grayson and Jason couldn't make it, but they bought me chocolate which they ordered Aubrey to bring. I hugged both of them as we all watched television together. I had put on one of my favorite shows, Pirates of the caribbean. I adored that movie series. We had watched one of them and continued into the second while my parents had served us snacks and food. My dad had watched with us and my mother had grabbed him out of there.
It was nice to see my father again, I haven't seen him for a year due to his businesses in London, New York, and Singapore. He kept traveling to be sure everything went as planned, and it also meant he had lots of business meetings. So whenever he was home and stayed for a long time I did my best to enjoy every moment.
I wondered what it would take to be an actor in such a movie. The others sat eating being focused on the movie, while all my attention was on Kaden. He glanced down at me with a relaxed smile while he caressed my back.
His lips touched mine in a quick kiss before he told me to focus on the movie. When the movie ended the rest left and we went to my room. I laid down on my bed with closed eyes, enjoying the silence. I felt the right side of my bed tug downwards and one leg appeared on each side of my hip. When I opened my eyes and questioned his action he simply chuckled which led me to close my eyes again.

———
(Edited 13.03.22)
Thank you for reading,
Remember to comment, vote and share.