Chapter 7

I DIDN'T ENJOY BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. I rather stay low on the gossip rater and just get through the day without any gossip running around about whatsoever.

Students still had their attention on us. I knew they were waiting for our reaction. How would we react? An outsider sat down at our table. For someone, this could be threatening to their status. But as I didn't care about that he could stay. I knew the consequences. A table once did that and new people arrived all the time after that until Melissa took over and made all of their school life a living hell. After that, they all kept their distance.

Annoyance filled my gut as I saw how the snickering in the hooks around the tables began. I was about to explode when a hand touched my thigh. An action no one had dared to do towards me. Why I don't know. I heard around it was because guys found me intimidating.

He took me by surprise and his hand send tingly feelings down my thigh and higher than I care to admit. I wanted to be swallowed by the floor. I have never been too flustered to speak before. But he had some way to make me forget my words and choke on my insults.

"What are you doing at our table Mr. handsome?" I was curious why he would sit here. Plenty of tables filled with girls craved for his attention. They even stared at me with pure envy. The hatred all of them had for me was simply ridiculous. I hadn't done anything towards them other than minding my own business.

His face didn't change and his hand did certainly not move, otherwise, I would be able to focus on his body language. But I wasn't.

He was observing again, searching for something. Searching for people's secrets without them having to tell him. He did that quite often. Being quiet not saying much simply listening. He would make a good listener, I won't lie. "I don't know Ms. Clumsy," the words left his lips so effortless. He found something for me as well. Ms. Clumsy. I liked it. That shouldn't be known. But I shared my mind about how I was the clumsy one. Since he bumped into me. Something inside me was curious and excited for this fight to come. I wanted something exciting making school bearable.

He seemed to be off into a second world and far away from here.

After a few seconds, he chuckled and said that we could continue this conversation forever. Because neither of us wanted to admit who bumped into who.

We kept going for a few minutes before we looked around to see the rest extremely invested in our little disagreement. They kept checking both of our faces and saw who was ready to throw the next argument. When they saw that we meant making this one a tie, they sighed.

I wanted to walk away and get to my classroom a bit before, so I could prepare. As I was about to walk I felt a foot on my ankle which caused me to trip forwards until Mr. handsome caught me. He never told me his name, so I went along with handsome because it benefitted him and it was true.

"I told you so, clumsy," he said with his probably most charming smile ever. But I give him that, he did indeed look handsome.

"Would you mind putting me down now?" I asked shyly. He looked at me for a whole minute before shaking his head "y-yes of course sorry" he stammered. I smiled slightly because he looked adorable when he was nervous. He looked up from the floor into my eyes, scratching the back of his neck. That made my smile grow an inch, and I took one last glance before turning on my heels and walking away. I walked out of the cafeteria, and down the empty hallways. As I began walking towards my class, I felt a hand grab my arm.

When I looked back, I looked right into the chest, so I tilted my head a little backward to see Mr. handsome face again.

"What's up?" I asked, slightly confused and curious.

"I never got your name," he said that so casual.

He seemed different, but at the same time, he was trouble. I looked at him, and gave him a look that said, 'are you serious?'. He must have misunderstood my look because he tilted his head slightly and scrunched his nose.

My face must have ratted me out because he seemed somewhat offended. Which I couldn't help, but chuckle about. He was incredibly easy to annoy. I liked that.

"Why would you give me a look like that?" He asked, somewhat offended. No, that's not it, surprised. Yup, that's it.

"What look? Do you mean my 'are you serious look?" I was more confused than ever.

"Wait that's what you mean by that?" He questioned.

"Yeah what else would it mean?" I simply said like my look was the easiest thing in the world to understand. He got my attitude, and I could see him turning on the charm. Are his eyes turning a little darker shade of crystal blue or deep Ocean blue? -I don't know.

"Be careful, you might leave guys the wrong impression" He winked at me. Leaving me inquisitive.

"Why's that?" I asked, curious. No one told me anything about my looks. Maybe he was right. Maybe people had thought something about me which wasn't true.

He looked at me deep in thoughts about elaborating on his comment before, but as he was about to speak a teacher disturbed us telling us to get to class. I looked at the time and saw that the time I wanted to spend on preparation was gone. I spend it all with this guy trying to figure out my name.

I turned around walking away without another word. My eyes faltered behind me once more while I walked to see him staring at me with an amused smile. Which left butterflies in my body. 

———
(Edited 14/01/22)

Thanks for reading!

Remember to comment, share and vote! Thank you!