=) pt.2

Let's just jump straight into this! =D Oh! And this is going to backtrack into David's point of view.

~~~~~~~~

"Psst!" 

David looked around and saw no one nearby. He shrugged and looked at the rose bush.

"Always stop to smell the roses!" David sung to himself and smiled at the flowers. Suddenly a hand reached out and yanked him in. A different hand clapped over his mouth as he was about to scream.

"Hey. Hey. Shoosh. It's just me." His voice spoke back to him. Except this voice was off. Just a tad. He looked up to see it was Daniel. He sighed out of an almost relief but still keeping his guard up. It's rude not to trust people but with what the kids were saying, it wasn't exactly a good choice to trust him. David stuck his tongue out and Daniel pulled away his hand in disgust. He wiped it on his shirt and gave him a funny look. "I think those children are rubbing off on you too much,"

"What do you want Daniel?" David hissed. "Oop! Sorry that was a bit too harsh. Is there something you need? Why are you here?"

"I have an offer," Daniel said. "I would ask literally anybody else but you are kinda the only person who I trust and who kinda trusts me at this point,"

"What kind of offer?" David asked. It's very sad that Daniel thought this way about himself and the people around him. 

"Run away to the circus with me." He said straight to the point. David winced and was about to interject. "Before you say no just think about it! I've done some research on you and I know you have a background in the circus! So I know part of you misses it! I'm not asking you to say yes immediately. Just ask if they want you to stay and think about it!"

"I don't know Daniel. I can't just-"

"Please just think about it. I would do this by myself if I could but it's hard alone."

"I'll think about it."

"Okay good now get back to the camp. Don't look suspicous and don't tell anyone anything!"

David was shoved back through the bush and he scurried to the Mess Hall.

"Good Morning everyone!" He shouted. On dear. Was that too loud? Nobody seemed to think it was off. Okay David. Just act normal. He grabbed the clip board and dropped it off infront of Gwen. That was something he normally did. Right? Yeah... He remembers doing that countless times before. Off to the kitchen!

Coffee for Campbell! He grabbed it and almost immediatly he felt a single stare. Did he do something out of the ordinary? 

Bamp!

He dropped the cup. Oh golly, oh gosh! David leaned to pick it up and Campbell bapped him on the back of the head.

"Dammit Davey!"

Ah yes the patronizing name that Campbell refused to let go of. Just to keep power over him.

"Sorry Mister Campbell!" David spoke quickly.

"I would fire you if I were still in charge. And if it wasn't so much paper work... and if I didn't have to hire someone else." Campbell huffed off. "I should never have hired that useless little..."

Guess that is one answer. Then again Campbell just doesn't like him. David's got to get someone else's opinion. Someone who he could relate to. Who he thought he was close to. Someone like...Max!

Yeah he'll ask Max! He's a smart kid! He'll tell David to stay and then David will just have to tell Daniel he'll be too missed.

His clipboard was pushed towards him. He smiled and Gwen smiled back. Had she been talking? He hadn't recalled. Wait when did he sit down.