What about us?

David is close to committing suicide, Gwen and Max talk to him.

Aight I am half way through writing this and holy shit did it change! =D Right now it is just like angst on fucking steroids. (Not really but I don't think I usually write this dark)

~~~~~~~~~

David's breath shuttered as tears dribbled down his face. He looked down at the deepwater below and the heavy rock tied to his ankle.

"David!" A voice shouted. He didn't feel like deciphering who. His mind was too foggy. A different voice called his name. He looked up to the sky. The stars somewhat brought him back down to earth. Down to the situation they were in. The fog in his head cleared and he finally registered who exactly was speaking to him. It was Gwen and Max.

He turned to face them with the strongest smile he could muster. He found he really couldn't at that moment.

"David, what the fuck?" Max shouted it scared him seeing the David so, so broken! David looked at him slowly and blinked.

"David, what are you doing out here?" Gwen asked calmly and slowly moved towards him. David blinked again and winced at the question. He nudged the rock closer to the edge.

"Finishing," David replied simply and looked back at the shimmering water. It almost seemed like it was begging him to dive in. Gwen was slowly creeping forward to try and pull him away. He looked up at her while she was taking a step forward. He took a step back. "It's best if you don't stop me,"

"Why?" Max demanded. Gwen sent Max a glare. David kept silent. "Why!"

David looked at Max and winced at the pained look engraved on his face.

"Max," David began. "You're a smart kid so I think you know,"

"That's right! I'm a kid but I don't understand," Max yelled. David's heart panged with guilt.

"I know I'm being selfish but I am done," David cried coldly. "I'm tired of being left behind. I'm tired of being hurt over and over. I'm tired of failing. I'm tired of constantly losing trust in everyone I should be able to. I'm tired of secrets. I'm tired of choking when I need to get help but I am too scared to do so. I'm tired of being the only one who doesn't give up. I'm tired of getting in the way. I'm just tired."

Gwen blinked. How could she not have known he was in this much pain. Why didn't he tell her? Meanwhile, Max's thoughts were dragged back to the first time David ever opened up to him.

"What about us?" Gwen's choked out in sobs. Tears fell down David's cheek as he was struck again with guilt. The air was sucked out of him seeing what he was doing to them. Max was full-on crying and Gwen was about to go into a panic. 

Look what you've done Davey! An almost foreign voice shouted in his head. Don't you have any compassion you little monster!

It wasn't a new voice at all. He hadn't heard it in so long. It was parent's day when his mom and her boyfriend showed up. Davey had accidentally said the wrong thing and Darla started crying. 

"No!" He choked out and stepped towards them. He was conflicted. Does he finish or does he help?

"What are we gonna do without? I need you, David! I don't know what I'm doing!" She continued crouching down and pulling at her hair. David was dragged back to another memory.

Don't you love me? His mother whined as he was walking off. He didn't want a hug right now. He was angry. He was hurt. I guess since you don't love me I'll just go kill myself!  He turned back face her and ran to give her a hug. I whined and cried that he did love her. Don't leave him.

David once again stepped back towards the water and choked out another 'no'. (Get ready for bad writing cause this is bad)

"You don't need me," He whispered. Max ran up to him and grasped on to his legs.

"You better not leave me on this horrible fucking planet alone!" Max cried. David squatted down.

"Max, you won't be alone. You'll have Gwen and I'll be nothing but a thought by the time you leave camp,"

"What about all the adventures we were gonna have?" Max glared up at him. " All the fun mishaps being greeted with a smile and a lesson. What about the trust I placed on you to keep me safe. What about all the advice you gave me. What about all of our fucked up little happily ever afters? The ones that we are gonna have later?"

David stared down at him in shock and confusion. Max untied the rock from his ankle and pushed it into the water.

"Who's gonna care like you did? Like you do?" Max finished and that broke the dam of apathy in the situation in David's head. He began sobbing and looking around wildly.

"What am I doing!" He cried. Gwen sighed in relief and held him tightly. David held her tightly back as he sobbed into her shoulder. Max pulled at their arms and added himself into the hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, ehm, what did ya think? Personally I thought it was okay at first but then it just kinda went to shit for the end. On the brightside I can turn off the song I was listening to on loop so that I could at least try and capture the emotion I wanted.

Also I am working on a couple crossover fics. One is a camp camp and Bnha and the another is camp camp and Hazbin hotel. 

Those will probably just be on Ao3.

Anyhow!

I hope you are having a good day/ night and it will continue to be good!