Sorry

All I am going to say for this prompt is Niel and Max got into a fight on the fourth of July. It's just not going to be a good day for David. =)
Hope you enjoy!
(P.S there is an announcement at the bottom that I am low key ignoring cause camp camp angst is my comfort angst)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fourth of July has never been David's favorite holiday. Sure the meaning of the holiday is amazing but at the end of the day always left him drained. That day made it hard for him to smile. It's been like this for years but he could never pick out the reason why. It put horrible images in his head and gave him a head ache. Then that night when he was feeling ever so tired he could never sleep. It's not like anything ever happened on that day to make it so horrible so it didn't make sense.

As usual for this day David woke up tired. He brushed it off and brewed a cup of coffee for Gwen and a small one for himself. Just to help himself get through today. He got ready for his day and woke up Gwen with a nice warm mug. She shooed him out of the councilor cabin and he went to go wake up the campers.

"Good morning campers!" He called and waited to guide them to the mess hall as usual. As usual they followed him with a groan and shuffling their feet.

As they started breakfast Campbell crawled down from his attic space giddily.

"Happy Independence day youngens!" He cheered and David's fatige came back tenfold. Whenever he was in this mood he tended to avoid Campbell to the best of his abilities. Usually it wasn't difficult but since he was serving time it was now nearly impossible. David smiled and chuckled to go get another cup of coffee.

"You look like shit today," Max commented pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," David sighed and poured himself. Max raised his eyebrows. Not even a 'language'.

"You planning on shooting up the camp today?" He asked suspiciously.

"Oh heavens no!" David exclaimed more back to his old self. Max huffed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Alright. What the fuck is wrong with you today?"

"I'm not sure I know what you mean Max?"

"This better not be another Daniel situation." Max grumbled as he left the kitchen and Quartermaster strolled in again. David chuckled and rolled his eyes following him out.

"Good morning Gwen!"  David greeted as Gwen stumbled into the Mess Hall. (I accidentally wrote Hell instead of Hall before I corrected it lol)

"Morning," She replied. "Happy Independence day David"

David almost cringed.

"Yeah. Happy 4th!"

"So what's on today's agenda?" Gwen asked handing David a clip board that he had left behind.

"It's a lake day," Oh look another thing he didn't like on this day. "Then after dark we are going to have a camp fire with smores and as usual there will be a fire work ceremony,"

"Oh delightful," She sighed sarcastically.

"Yep!" David agreed.

"At least it's a lake day," She offered more to herself than David. He nodded and reported the agenda to the campers. Most of them cheered and ran off  to go get into their swimming suits. David smiled at their enthusiasm and went to go find his own and change.

~~I'm feelin' lazy so at the lake~~

"Alright kidlets! Were going to be careful! I have the sunscreen and every body is getting some before they get into the water!" David called from the dock as the campers started to make their way to the lake. There were a couple of groans but most of it was light hearted.  Once David had gotten through the line he noticed that Max was not there. He studied the shore for a sign of the boy and spotted him on the far end somewhat hiding in the trees.  Immediately David ran to Max.