Jasper

Cooked up this idea the other day! Campbell decides to tell David the truth about Jasper. How will he react? ( I am actually kinda working on an animatic for this I might just use this as an outline and keep it intense instead of toning it down)

Also quick announcment I am changing (I may have already done it) the cover so I just want to let y'all know incase y'all get confused!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David smiled as he watched the children doing the activity this morning. On this morning Campbell decided to tell Davey the truth. He didn't like the guilt he had about this subject and wanted to get it off his shoulders. He walked up to David and patted him on the shoulder, David ever so slightly flinching from his past misuses of the guy, and looked over at the children in front of them running around.

"David I need to tell you something," He stated. David looked up at him with a tiny confused glint in his eyes and waved over to Gwen. The two did a few gestures and David walked away with Campbell.

"What's up Mister Campbell?" He asked stopping for a moment and Campbell pulled him farther away from the group.

"Do you remember Jasper?" Campbell asked while the walked. Davey smiled and nodded.

"Of course! Jasper was my best friend!"  He grinned. The grin slightly fell and Davey put him self in a small self hug and averted his gaze from a memory. "Shame his parents took him away early."

"About that," Campbell began and David looked up at him confused. "He is dead,"

"What do you mean?" David asked heartbroken. "What happened how did you get into contact with him?"

"I didn't" Cameron said. "He died at Camp Campbell in an explosion in my cave, I accidentally killed him,"

David stood there dumbfounded. HIs mind was blown and currently malfunctioning, trying to put the pieces together. (Ayo crappy metaphor coming up)  A few of the gears in his head stopped turning  and the little workers found a blank spot in his memories. They picked up the gears and began placing them where they were supposed to be.

A few hours later all the gears were set back in place and David blinked finally being brought back to reality and finished processing. He noticed that he was no longer in the forest, in fact he was sitting at the the table he, Gwen and Campbell usually sat at. He looked down at the table and saw a tray sitting infront of him. Gwen sat on the bench across from him and was scrolling on her phone with a soft smile on her face. He looked to his left and saw Campbell picking at his food. He glared at him and Campbell looked at him again. He saw the not so vacant look in his eyes and pulled at his collar. He patted David on the back hardly slighty hitting him against the side of the table.

"Thought we lost you for a second there Davey!" He said in a tried light hearted tone. The only thing it tried was David's temper. David glared harder at the man and Campbell winced. Gwen looked up from her probable fan fiction at the sentence.

"David!" She smiled at him and saw that he was not smiling. She blinked shocked at the sour look that did not fit his face. "What's wrong with your face?"

This comment dragged Max's attention over. He looked at David confused and walked over the the counciler's table.

"What's wrong with camp man?" He asked poking David on the arm. He looked at Cameron with a small glare. "What did you do?"

"I-" Campbell started.

"Crossed the fucking line," David said and stood up and began making his way to the door. "I want him out of this camp he needs to go back to super guantanimo!"

He slammed the Mess Hall doors, Gwen and Max look at eachother and follow him out.

"David wait what in the fuck is going on with you!" Gwen asked as soon as she saw him standing just a ways off from the councilor's cabin. She heard a sharp intake of breath coem from him and the it was lat out again shakily in a crying manner. David turned to face her anger still set on his face and tears sliding down his cheeks. He pointed in the direction of the Mess Hall.

"That man ruined everything!" He yelled. "He killed my best friend and lied to me my entire life! I put everything aside and he!" David let out a frustrated cry.

"David- I don- You aren't making sense," Gwen stammered. David slightly calmed down to try and explain a little.

"I used to camp here and I had a best friend," He said.

"Jasper," Max continued finally making his presence known. David nodded and puled on the shirt bandana. "He killed Jasper. Jasper left this behind and I came back every year to give it back to him! To apologize! To get another chance! I gave up everything to try and get back in contact,"

The two were speechless. David fell onto his knees and he placed his face in his hands.

"Who am I kidding. I played a part in his death as well. I could have stopped it. Jasper would be so dissapointed," David rambled to himself. Max stepped towards David and patted his back.

"No," Max paused. "He actually really misses you,"

David looked at Max confused. 

"How-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here is where I lost motivation so sorry for the bad ending! WHat did you think?

Hope you enjoyed and see you later!