Mama come find me

I have to watch this musical in history class and this song inspired this. Basically, it is set during Hamilton's time but it is more about John Adams.  Gonna add a small Hamilton reference into this along with basing it off of the song. (Musical is called 1776 if you are interested) Anyhow let's get to this, shall we? (I'd give you what it's about but I haven't decided how I want to end it yet)

Warning this may be a bit short!

(Also happy to month anniversary for this on Ao3)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Downside to not giving at least a summary: I don't know what to write ;-;)

The day started normally, well as normal as it can at Camp Campbell. David felt peaceful as he walked through the field on the way to wake up the campers. It was a strange kind of peace like there wasn't a loose end anywhere in his life. He finally got to the center of the semi-circle of tents and blew his whistle to signal it was time to get up. There, as always, was a round of groans. At least one per tent. After a couple of minutes, the campers began crawling, walking, or a rare few, running out of their tents and surrounding David.

"Good morning campers!" David shouted and led the group of children to the mess hall.

Through out breakfast, like a mini snowball at the top of a hill, suspense began growing a little bit at a time.

Meanwhile a figure in the bushed watched every one through the window. With a devious smirk growing on their face and fingering the trigger almost tempted to hear the music of gunshots and screams sooner. But revenge is a dish best served cold, like dairy-free icecream!

The morning activities were finished and the slowly rolling snowball of suspense was half way down hill. It seemed nobody noticed it. At lunch everybody was talking about how it felt a little off today. Well, except for David he still felt at peace which was odd for him slightly throwing off his peace.

At the end of lunch Daniel had stepped out from behind a tree making a big appearance and having an even bigger grin on his face.

"Hello David," He smiled at the red head.  David looked at him confused and worried. He got up from the tree he was leaning against to try and get the children into the Mess Hall. Daniel brought hithe gun from out from behind his back and pointed it at David. David froze.

"Kids get into the Mess Hall," David said firmly. No one moved.

"What not even going to say 'hi' to me David? That's quite rude," Daniel said and tilted his head, his neck slightly cracking.

"Daniel, put the gun down," David said staring at the gun in worry. "You don't want to do this friend,"

"Oh," Daniel started and moved his finger to the trigger and began to pull. "But I do friend,"

Birds flew out of the trees near by at the sound of the gunshot and David fell to the ground beside the trees. Daniel had disappeared into the bushes and everyone flocked over to David.

He was breathing heavily and was trying not to cry while he held one hand over the bullet wound in his chest.

He could barely understand anything that was being said. He closed his eyes and saw his birth mother.

"We need to take you to the hospital!" Gwen said although David couldn't process this, being too delusional from the pain. He shook his head with a pained expression.

"Mamma," He cried and it broke quite a few peoples hearts. "Mamma come find me! I am in the clearing under the red maple tree,"

"I'm calling 911 now!" Max said taking out David's phone from his pocket and began dialing. Gwen grabbed David's phone from Max's hands and switched it with hers. "What are you doing!"

"I'm calling David's parents!" Gwen snapped and looked through David's contacts. "Are you not going to call 911?"

"Right!" 

Max began dialing again while the rest of the campers were clueless on what todo. Some of the younger were being comforted by the older thinking they were going to loose David.

~Time Skip~

A car drove into the Campbell and to the yard. A small older woman popped out of the passenger seat and the car parked. Shortly after another person had popped out of the car.

"That doesn't look like an ambulance," Max said absent mindedly while stopping his pacing.

"Mom, Dad!" Pikeman greeted sitting beside his older brother holding his hands on Dav'ds chest to try and slow the bleeding to the best of his abilities. Darla went over to David and held his head in her lap.

"Davey," She said tearing up. "It's okay baby. You gotta stay awake til the ambulance arrives," 

She continued muttering to him as sirens and an ambulance came blaring into the field. Paramedics check on David and bring him into the ambulance.  Davids family got in aswell while Gwen rounded the kids to the bus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is where I am ending it for now. I still have no idea on where I should go with this and I do want to continue it. If you can/want to comment me some ideas of where to go next and I'll do a part 2. Sorry for it being on the shorter side and for making it so dark!

Hope you enjoyed!