=)

I want to kinda keep you guys in the dark too so you don't get a summary or a title for a hint. Love you!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The urge to turn this into a slow burn series vs. Keeping this a oneshot)

"I think I want to do something stupid." David said absentmindedly juggling some balls of paper in his shared cabin. Gwen looked up at him from her diary of dirtiness.

"What kinda stupid?" She asked. He shrugged. 

"Recklessto the people around me stupid," 

Gwen raised her eyebrows and hummed.

"Doesn't sound like the best idea,"

"Probably not. I most likely won't do whatever I think I might want to do."

Gwen hummed in response.  David laughed and dropped the paper balls. He looked at his watch.

"It's pretty late Gwen we should probably start thinking of going to bed."

"What time is it?"

"It's eleven pm."

"Oh damn. You right. Let's get to bed,"

David turned out the light and they settled into their sheets. The feeling kept bugging David and he didn't sleep. Then again when did he really ever? The next morning started as usual.  Gwen was woken up with a nice steaming cup of coffee. David left her to her own devices and she gets ready for the day. She walked into the Mess Hall and to the table she always picked for them to sit at. Despite always getting ready for the day early he always came into the Mess Hall last. Aside from Cameron now. Gwen groaned as she remembered the scammer. No matter how much she warned David about him he would never even try to admit Campbell was a monster of a human being. She knew that he understood and agreed with how David acted around him. He was always acting like an abused puppy around Campbell and it pissed her off. It didn't piss her off that David was scared of him. It did  piss her off that he tried to stand up for him. Even though he treats him so poorly.

"Good morning everyone!" David called as he entered with a big smile on his face. Speak of the devil.  Gwen rolled her eyes and looked at him. She noticed that he was covered in scratches and seems very frantic.  David grabbed his clip board and ignored the round of groans. He then set the clip board in front of her. She shook her head and looked at the agenda. We're canoeing. (I'm sensing a trend in my writing) Delightful. She looked at him again as he exited the kitchen with a giant mug to set out for Campbell.  Again, speak of the Devil and he shall come. David bumped into Campbell and Gwen winced when he spilled it all over Campbell. (Lmao talk about redundancy)

"Dammit Davey!" Campbell yelled and smacked David on the back of the head while he was picking it up.

"Sorry Mister Campbell!" David apologized. Gwen watched sorrowfully.

"I would fire you if I were still in charge. And if it wasn't so much paper work... and if I didn't have to hire someone else." Campbell grumbled while he walked off. "I should never have hired that useless little..."

He left the Mess hall and David stared at him sadly and went to sit down.

"I'm sure he didn't mean that," Gwen offered. David ignored her and she sighed. "Your hair has been getting pretty long. It looks nice." David smiled this time and Gwen pushed him the clipboard and he brightened when he saw it. He picked it up and speed walked to the front of the room for announcements. She smiled and watched him animatedly tell the kids the plan for the day and anything important coming up.