Well shit

Well maybe sending David into a tree for no reason wasn't such a good idea especially after he falls.

++++++

Max's POV

Well shit. Max thought as David fell to the ground. All the campers winced at the thud.

"DAVID! WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED YOU TO WATCH THE KIDS WHILE I RUN TO TOWN TO -get some-," Gwen called while walking over here in what was a search for David. She saw him sitting up finally and rubbing the back of his head. "Shit kids what happened. David are you okay?" She asked walking up to David. Max paused thinking of a good story and decided that tell in half the truth would have to do.

"He fell out of the tree," He replied nonchalantly. She glared at Max and just stared at David raising my eyebrows. Max walked over and kicked David's boot while he made a small conversation with Gwen.

"Hey, you, little one! Why did you do that don't you know that's not very nice!" David said with a disappointed look on his face. Max jumped and glared at him. "Who even are you?" And with that, he knew the extent of some of the damage he had done and shrunk into his hoodie. David stood up a little wobbly and Gwen took his hand to give him some support.

"Ooh this is bad," She muttered. "On second thought I'll send quartermaster and stay here to help you,"

"Oh no, it's okay Gwen I can watch the little tikes. Then when
you get back we can figure out where this little tike goes!" David smiled and gestured to me. Max started to laugh.

"Haha very funny joke David at first I thought you were joking but since you know Gwen you have to know me," Max giggled and looked up to see David's confused and concerned face. "Right?"

"Am I supposed to know you? Your not my kid or anything?" David asks worriedly while kneeling down.

"No David he is just the bane of your existence at this year's summer camp. But regardless you still care the shit out of him," Gwen said and Max winced. David began to giggle then looked at Gwen.

"Gwen, why would I do that? That's like me absolutely adoring Campbell," David said jokingly. When he saw the confused faces he too became confused. "I don't think he's great or anything right,"

"You said and I quote ' He's like the father I've never had' David," Gwen replied.

"Holy Moly how dumb was I!"

"You weren't dumb just naive,"

"Prety much the same thing, anyhow did I seek help with my mental problems or did I mask it?"

"There was that one time with Nerf,"

"I swear to the high heavens please never make me go back to that anyhow, now... kid let's go see if we can find your paperwork," David said and gestured to Max who had moved into the bushes beside them and had already started a plan to make David go back. Cause as much as he liked that this David had a grip on real life he did not like that his father figure didn't remember him. Not that would tell that to David, or anyone else.

He spent the day taking any chance he could to throw hard things at David's head. Finally after dinner outside the mess hall Max threw a rock at his head but David caught it this time. He followed to where the rock came from and kneeled down beside it's launcher.

"You know it's not very nice to throw things at people, what is up with you kiddo?" David asked.

"Fuck!" Max shouted in response.

"Language," David added quickly.

"Remember me asshole!" Max hissed slightly tearing up. (Shoot this might be short)

And that waa when David recognized what this was all about. He stood up and held a hand out to Max. When he didn't take it David put his hand behind Max's head and lead him to a quieter area.

"Is that what this is about kid?" He asked and sat down in the new area. Max stayed quiet. "Would you like to re introduce yourself to me to try and help me remember?" (Haha! I fixed it)

Max thought for a moment.

"Fine but I'm gonna continue throwing things at you if you don't remember me!" Max replied, the two stayed still for a little bit then got up to go to bed for the next day.

At the butt-crack of dawn there was pounding at the councilers cabin door. David got up groggily and opened the door tiredly. He looked around at eye level until he was kicked in the shin by none other than Max.

"What did I say about kicking?" David said a lot more awake while he was bouncing round and holding his shin. He then tripped over his boot and fell to the floor. Max giggled a little and smirked. "Anyways what did you need kiddo?"

"I didn't think you'd forget this quick," Max hissed and David thought for a moment. Realization dawned on his face.

"I didn't think you wanted to do it at the crack of dawn!"

"Well my David always woke us up around this time!"

"Fine whatever where to first?"

They went through all of the places they hung out and Max had pranked David. Of course starting at the bus area where Max had befriended Neil and Nikki and now for the last part and the one part that Max knew would most likely get David to remember him especially since he had previously poured his heart out to him before they went there.

"Get in the car David we need to go to the pizza place!" Max ordered and they drove there. David showed no recognition to the moment.

"What happened here?" David asked.

"I hugged you here -VERY BREIFLY SO DON'T GET ANY IDEAS- after my parents didn't show up for parents day cause theu don't care," Max replied. David thought for a moment and looked at Max shaking his head as an indication he doesn't remember. Max stared at him with a somewhat broken face. David felt guilty esspecially seeing how much Max cared -doing his best to cover it- about this.

"I'm sorry kid-" David started

"Max," Max cut in and David smiled softly.

"I'm sorry Max," David finished. 

"It's whatever," Max said feeling the same way he did when he realised his parents didn't care on parent's day. That was that and they drove back to camp after having some pizza for dinner. On the drive back Max formulated another plan.

~~~The Next Day~~~

"David help!" Max shouted from the tree that David had fallen out of the other day a branch above from where he fell. David ran up to the tree and instantly began climbing. Once he got to the branch Max smirked at how well his plan was working.

"What's wrong Max do you need help?" David asked and Max's grin grew wider as he pushed David almost giddily to get his usual and annoying David back. 

"Long live the king," He said while this happened and began to climb down. He was down a few minutes later and David was moving around dizzily. David turned around and looked at Max. David smiled widely and walked towards the smaller.

"Well isn't it my favorite camper! How are ya doin' Max?" David asked clearly back to his old self but just to make sure Max kicked Davids boot. "Owie!"

"You are no longer allowed to climb this tree," Max stated pointing at the tree then walking off as if nothing had ever happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What did y'all think? Sure it wasn't super angsty for David but it's been in my drafts for a while. Honestly I was just going to leave y'all at David hitting the ground. Also speaking of drafts after this I will only have 5 meaning imma need some inspiration or y'all need to request, if you want to of course! ANYHOW! 

Hope you enjoyed!

Have a good day/night!

Camp Camp David Angst Short StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara